SANATOGA PA – Lower Pottsgrove Treasurer Jennifer Marsteller proved Monday (Feb. 1, 2016) she can happily deliver what many would consider unpleasant news.
Marsteller, whose job involves collecting tax revenues, smiled as she told members of the Board of Commissioners their 2016 combined township and Montgomery County tax bills – and those of all other local property owners – were ready and had been dropped into that day’s mail.
Commissioners issued a mock groan, but thanked her for being prompt in her duties.
The face amounts of all those bills are due and payable without penalty at Marsteller’s office, 1954 E. High St. Ste. 1, by May 31. Taxpayers who ante up by or before March 31 earn a discount on the face amount. Those who pay after May 31 will be charged a penalty fee.
Tax bills are always mailed directly to a property owner, Marsteller added on her Facebook page. Those who rely on a third party to make tax payments must forward the bill to whoever writes the check, she noted.
Like the bills themselves, many payments are mailed in. For those interested in actually meeting a living person as they part with their cash, office hours listed on Marsteller’s website are:
- Mondays from 4-7 p.m., with the exception of the first Monday of the month. The office closes then at 6:30 p.m. for the commissioners’ meeting; and
- Thursdays from 9 a.m. to noon.
- As the discount payment deadline approaches, the office will also be open March 29 (Tuesday) from 9 a.m. to noon, and March 30 and 31 (Wednesday and Thursday) from 9 a.m. to noon and 4-7 p.m.
- As the face amount payment deadline nears, the office will similarly be open May 27 (Friday) from 9 a.m. to noon; May 28 (Saturday) from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and May 31 (Tuesday) from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4-7 p.m.; or
- By appointment.
Marsteller’s office is closed June 9, the week of June 20-26, the week of June 27 to July 3, and on legal holidays.
Related (to the Lower Pottsgrove Board of Commissioners’ Feb. 1 meeting):
- She Smiled While Saying, ‘Tax Bills Ready’
- Executive Session Covers Personnel Issue
- Township Admits ‘Problems’ Removing Snow
Photo from Google Images