LOWER POTTSGROVE PA – Dr. David Ramage, currently principal at Pottsgrove Middle School, appears ready to pick up where the Pottsgrove School District’s former director of technology and communications, Michael Wagman, left off.
Ramage is scheduled to be considered tonight (Thursday, March 16, 2017), according to the district Board of School Directors’ agenda, to become Pottsgrove’s new “director of integration for learning and instruction.” The position is described in the agenda as a successor to Wagman’s title … just as the principal would succeed Wagman himself, who took a similar job in the larger West Chester school district.
The agenda, in a later item for consideration, also includes a new job description to accompany the new title. Find it here. Because the position is slated to be effective July 1, after the end of the academic year, the board assumedly will begin a search for – or maybe already has an idea about – Ramage’s successor as middle school chief administrative officer. The agenda doesn’t address that.
It does mention Ramage’s salary will remain unchanged.
Directors had been scheduled to meet Tuesday (March 14), but that was postponed due to Winter Storm Stella. They’ll gather at 7:30 p.m. in the Pottsgrove High School cafeteria, and not the nearby large-group instruction room. The meeting is free to attend and open to the public; ample parking is available nearby.
Also on the agenda, the board is scheduled to:
- Approve a confidential settlement agreement and release for an unidentified student;
- Hear reports from its operations, curriculum, and policy committees;
- Receive an update on the last meeting of the Joint Operating Committee at the Western Montgomery Career and Technology Center; and
- Receive administration responses to earlier questions about expenses for a sound system, and the ability of the high school television studio to videotape board meetings.
Related (to the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors’ March 16 meeting:
- Pottsgrove Considers Ramage For New Position
Top photo by The Post Publications; Ramage photo from LinkedIn