Crowds arrive (at top) as the 2016 concert series launched last June
SANATOGA PA – Lower Pottsgrove’s summer concert series, underwritten by Exelon Corp. and its Limerick Generating Station, debuts this Sunday (June 25, 2017) with a performance by veteran local band and community favorite, the Bill Koss Combo. The show, and the five others in the series that runs through Aug. 6, opens at 6 p.m. at the Bandstand in Sanatoga Park, 223 S. Sanatoga Rd.
- These events have been added to The Post Publications calendar.
The concerts are free and open to the public, including residents of Pottstown borough and adjacent townships. Parking is available in the park’s lower and upper lots. Bring your own seating (none will be provided) or a comfortable blanket to spread out over the grass, and a picnic or snacks if you’d like. Most shows end by 8 p.m. or earlier.
The township last year invested heavily in a bandstand renovation project that resulted in more tiered seating areas for senior citizens and persons with special needs, smooth asphalt walkways and disability-complaint ramps, landscaping, and a complete overhaul of its adjacent restrooms. The result: there’s more room, and greater comfort, for concert-goers, the Board of Commissioners proudly reported. A complete schedule of the entertainment was available during its June 8 meeting.
Also scheduled in coming weeks are:
- July 9, rock band “Flamin’ Dick and The Hot Rods;”
- July 16, “Where’s Pete;”
- July 23, an hour-long show for children featuring “Makin’ Music,” followed by an adults’ show by band “Michael Kropp and The Indestructibles;”
- July 30, cajun tunes and music of the south by “Zydeco A-Go-Go;” and
- Aug. 6, marches and show tunes by the Pottsgrove Community Band.
For information, call the township municipal building at 610-323-0436 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Related to the Lower Pottsgrove Board of Commissioners’ June 8 meeting:
- Township Concert Series Returns This Sunday
- Zlomek Named To Township Parks Vacancy
- Solving Citgo Blight Back On Township List
- School Bus Pick-Ups At ‘Green’ Concern Board
- Academy Hall Disturbance Troubles Police Chief
- Sanatoga Green Project Decision Likely In July
- Awards Given To Township, Pottstown Officers
- Developers Seek Sanatoga Green Plan Approval
Photo by The Post Publications