SANATOGA PA – Two separate incidents, both of which were labeled as “disorderly conduct,” required Lower Pottsgrove police intervention during the last 10 days of Pottsgrove School District operations for the 2016-2017 academic year, police Chief Michael Foltz has reported to the township Board of Commissioners. Two arrests were made in one of the cases, the chief said.
Two individuals were charged with using “obscene language toward staff” at Pottsgrove High School. None were charged in the investigation of a false call regarding the high school to 9-1-1 emergency services, according to Foltz’s June 2017 departmental activity report. The events were documented by Ofc. David Slothower and delivered to commissioners as part of their July 6 meeting.
Slothower is the department’s school resource officer for the district. He also serves in the Lower Pottsgrove and Ringing Rocks elementary school buildings. Students were not identified by name, residence, grade, or age, and no other details were made available.
There were no reported incidents during the period at Lower Pottsgrove Elementary. At Ringing Rocks, Slothower said he handled in information call regarding a parent complaint.
Also during the month, Slothower:
- Assisted with high school graduation ceremonies;
- Worked with high school administrators in three mediation sessions; and
- Set up a partnership with the Montgomery County Health Department for a “seatbelt challenge” to be held during the 2017-2018 academic year.
Commissioners’ meeting scheduled this week
The next Board of Commissioners meeting is scheduled for Thursday (July 20) beginning at 7 p.m. in the township municipal building, 2199 Buchert Rd. The meeting is free to attend and open to the public. A copy of the board agenda usually is available for download at least a day in advance from the township website, here.
Related (to the Lower Pottsgrove Board of Commissioners’ July 6 meeting):
- Two Students Charged With Disorderly Conduct
- Guess Where $674,727 Went During May?
- Sanatoga Green Approval Delayed To July 20
- Local Departments Join Aggressive Driver Hunt
- Board Reviews Sanatoga Green Tonight; Is A Regional Hospital Competitor In Its Plans?
Photo from Google Images