PHILADELPHIA PA – A critical summer shortage of blood and platelet supplies for emergency and other needs continues into this month, according to the Philadelphia area donation centers of the American Red Cross. As a result, nine opportunities to donate blood have been scheduled across western Montgomery County locations from today (Aug. 3, 2017) through Aug. 14 (Monday).
- These events have been added to The Post Publications calendar.
“The blood supply constantly needs recharging,” said Alana Mauger, external communications manager of the Penn-Jersey Blood Services Region. “We sincerely appreciate those who have responded to the call to help save lives, and encourage those who haven’t to consider rolling up a sleeve and give the gift of life. It only takes about an hour but can mean a lifetime for patients.”
Blood products are still being distributed to hospitals as fast as donations are coming in, so more donations are needed to meet patient needs and replenish the blood supply. Eligible donors of all types are urgently needed, she added. Blood donation sites are scheduled for:
- Today (Aug. 3), from 2-7 p.m., at Evansburg United Methodist Church, 3871 Germantown Pike, Collegeville;
- Today (Aug. 3), from 2-7 p.m., Arbour Square, 695 Main St., Harleysville;
- Friday (Aug. 4) from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Chesmont Conference Center, 13 Armand Hammer Blvd., Pottstown;
- Friday (Aug. 4) from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Skippack Township Building, 4089 Heckler Rd., Skippack;
- Saturday (Aug. 5) from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Peter Becker Community Center, 800 Maple Ave., Harleysville;
- Monday (Aug. 7) from 2-7 p.m., Comfort Inn, 99 Robinson St., Pottstown;
- Tuesday (Aug. 8) from 2-7 p.m., Brookside Country Club, 850 N. Adams St., Pottstown;
- Wednesday (Aug. 9) from 2-7 p.m., Hampton Inn & Suites, 100 Cresson Blvd., Oaks; and
- Aug. 14 (Monday) from 2-7 p.m., Crossroads Presbyterian Church, 10 W. Cherry Ln., Limerick.
As a special thank you gift, those who come out to give blood or platelets with the Red Cross through Aug. 31 will receive a $5 Target stores eGiftCard by e-mail, the agency announced.
Photo from Google Images