LOWER POTTSGROVE PA – Hourly wage increases of 2-1/2 percent for non-union classified employees during the 2017-2018 academic year were approved Tuesday (Aug. 8, 2017) by the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors (at top) in an all-encompassing unanimous vote that included 10 other personnel-related items. There was no discussion regarding them.
The wage rates apply to positions that include non-certified nurses, intervention tutors, building aides, in-school support monitors, instructional assistants, library assistants, student assistants, and duty aides. They range from $12.34 to $25.38 hourly, depending on an employee’s tenure in his or her position, and levels of skill or certification.
The vote also covered, for professional staff employees, one retirement, four resignations, one leave of absence, one appointment, and one classification change; and for support staff employees, one retirement, five resignations, one leave of absence, three appointments, and two classification changes. All were considered routine.
In separate decisions, directors also:
- Agreed to a new staffing contract with General Healthcare Resources to provide support staff substitutes as needed;
- Approved service agreements with Cottage Seven Academy for educational placement of a special needs student; with Berks Deaf and Hard Of Hearing Services for interpreter services during the academic year; and with Valley Forge Educational Services for placement of another student; and
- Approved budget transfers.
Related (to the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors’ Aug. 8 meeting):’
- School Directors Accept Wages, Personnel Items
- Worst Part Of Party Planning? Choosing A Date
- Non-Union Wage Increase On Pottsgrove Agenda
Photo by The Post Publications