- Pottsgrove Welcomes New Pre-K Counts Class
A grant-funded pre-kindergarten program for children age 3-5, whose families might otherwise be unable to afford it, has been approved in West Pottsgrove by the Pottsgrove school board.
- High School Board Members See Greater Roles
The two high school representatives to the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors plans to be the eyes and ears of school board members this year at buildings they visit.
- Ooops! Contract Error Caught And Corrected
A typographic error regarding the employment contract of Pottsgrove School District Assistant Superintendent Dr. Robert Harney gave him a year longer than intended. It was corrected Tuesday.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Western Center Honors Patriots Day Heroes
With video. The entire student body of the Western Montgomery Career and Technology Center turned out Monday morning for its annual Patriots Day ceremony. Officials said attendance at the event was the largest they had ever seen.
- Looming Revenue Problem Affects Area Services
Members of the state House of Representatives have yet to agree on a revenue plan to fund the Pennsylvania budget passed in July. Current funding for some local programs could end by Friday.
- North Coventry One-Car Accident Traps Woman
A female driver sustained injuries, and had to be extricated from her vehicle by North Coventry firefighters, after a one-car crash early Monday morning on Unionville Road.
- Police Issue Theft Warning To Area Trail Users
A rash of thefts from vehicles were reported during the weekend at parking areas providing access to the Schuylkill River and Perkiomen trails. Be careful when parking, police urged.
- Scheduled This Week In Pottsgrove Sports
These Pottsgrove Falcons athletic events are scheduled for the coming week (Monday through Saturday, Sept. 11-16, 2017), according to the Pottsgrove School District athletics office.
- Area Cub Scout Packs Available For Youngsters
More than a dozen Cub Scout packs across the greater Pottstown area have begun recruiting members now that a new school year has begun. Here’s where they can be found.
- Pottstown Adult Center Names Cash Prize Winners
Eight area residents won a combined total of almost $16,000 in drawings for the 22nd annual cash raffle conducted by the TriCounty Active Adult Center.
- Scheduled This Week On The Post Calendar
These events are scheduled to occur this week (Monday through Sunday, Sept. 11-17, 2017), as provided to The Post calendar.
- Sip Up Area’s Newest Coffee: ‘Tree Hugger Blend’
A partnership between a Pennsburg independent coffee roaster and a Schwenksville non-profit organization has produced an eye-opening morning (or any time) beverage.
- Guess Where $570,571 Went During July?
Lower Pottsgrove incurred $570,571 in expenses during July 2017. Here’s where it spent your tax money.
- Seven Area Residents Graduate As State Troopers
The class of 90 cadets who graduated Friday from the Pennsylvania State Police Academy include seven residents of Montgomery, Berks and Chester counties.
- Got Opinions On Highway Safety? State Wants ‘Em
If you’re licensed to drive in Pennsylvania, you’ve probably got your share of opinions about safe driving – or a lack of it – in the state. PennDOT hopes you’ll share those thoughts in a survey.
- Monday’s Western Center Ceremony Marks 9-11
Pottsgrove and Spring-Ford students will be among participants in a ceremony to honor local first responders and 9-11 victims, to be held at the Western Montgomery Career and Technology Center in Limerick.
- Expect 422 Lane Closure For Bridge Construction
The lane restriction occurs next Tuesday and Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Bridge construction is on the contractor’s work schedule.
- Tory Burch Fashions Coming To Outlets Center
With the holiday season not far off, the Philadelphia Premium Outlets have begun notifying potential shoppers of newly arriving stores. One of them features formerly local designer Tory Burch.
- Artists’ Guild Hosts Sept. 19 Presentation At Hill
Educator Thomas Dareneau will discuss “Trends In Contemporary Art” during a Sept. 19 program sponsored by the Pottstown Area Artists Guild at The Hill School Center for the Arts.
- Yard Sale Vendors Selling Today In Trappe
Find a bargain for your dreams? It could happen … today from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Waterworks Park in Trappe. Parking is free.
- Douglass (Berks) Plans Community Day Oct. 7
Everything but an earlier announced 5-K run is a “go” for the Douglas (Berks) Township Community Day scheduled for Oct. 7 (Saturday) outside the township municipal building on Douglass Drive.
- Township Won’t Let Construction Blasting Proceed
A contractor’s notice was premature, Lower Pottsgrove’s manager said Thursday, and the township has halted any plans to begin explosive blasting as early as next week at the Spring Valley Farms housing site on Bleim Road.
- Gotta Few Minutes? Meal Train Can Use Them
A volunteer group in the Pottsgrove School District hopes you can help prepare a meal for an Upper Pottsgrove family dealing with the effects of cancer.
- Range Rover Stolen In Phoenixville, Police Say
There were several thefts of and from vehicles during Thursday overnight hours, western Montgomery County police reported. One was of a 2016-model black Range Rover near Phoenixville.
- College Holds Free Sports Clinics For 6-8 Graders
Middle school athletes from Pottsgrove, Pottstown and Spring-Ford Area schools can register for free upcoming sports clinics being led by Montgomery County Community College coaches.
- Limerick Arrests Three In Alleged Outlet Thefts
Three Philadelphia area women were arrested on charges of retail theft as they attempted together to leave the Philadelphia Premium Outlets in a vehicle.
- Pottstown Man Faces Counts In Alleged Dispute
A preliminary hearing is scheduled Monday for a Pottstown man arrested by North Coventry police following an alleged domestic dispute with a woman on West Schuylkill Road.
- Spring City Police Look For Trailer Dumper
At the least, Spring City police claim, someone who recently abandoned a camping trailer on private property is a trespasser. Maybe worse: he or she is an “inconsiderate scum,” they said Wednesday.
- Pennsburg ‘Gives Back’ To Hurricane Victims
Donors from across the Perkiomen and Upper Perkiomen valleys collected and shipped off three trailer loads of donations for storm-stricken Texas residents. The help should arrive by week’s end.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.