LOWER POTTSGROVE PA – Members of both the Athletics and Co-Curricular Activities, and Curriculum, Technology, and Student Affairs committees of the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors are scheduled to meet tonight (Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017) in the same place – the conference room at the district offices on Kauffman Road – although they’ll gather an hour apart. The Athletics Committee meets at 6:30 p.m.; the Curriculum Committee at 7:30.
On the Athletics agenda is:
- A discussion of possible creation of boys lacrosse and girls volleyball teams at Pottsgrove Middle School during the 2018-2019 academic year;
- Options for revenue and ticket sales;
- A review of policies and committee membership for the Pottsgrove Athletic Hall of Fame; and
- A look at athletic participation among students at both the high and middle schools.
On the Curriculum agenda is:
- A review of student data from the 2016-2017 academic year, including Pennsylvania System of School Assessment, Keystone, Advanced Placement, and SAT exams. The committee’s data dive will look at “student proficiency levels, cohorts of students across time, and growth;”
- An overview of Challenge-Based Learning research recently provided to the district as part of its participation in the Apple Distinguished Program; and
- Information on the district’s Measures of Academic Progress assessment.
Both meetings are free to attend and open to the public. Copies of their agendas are available for download, here.
Photo from Google Images