- 422 Disruptions Throughout Next Week
Three different projects along U.S. Route 422 between Lower Pottsgrove and Valley Forge can be expected to potentially tie up traffic days and nights from Sunday through next Saturday.
- Weekend Stuff To Do On The Post Calendar
Saturday is super busy!, with Haunts on High, the Fall Arts Walk, Mosaic Garden Harvest Party, and Fall Into Fun at Pottsgrove Manor, all in Pottstown. Then have coffee with Lower Pottsgrove’s police chief, revel in West Pottsgrove’s Community Day, or crunch apples at the Hay Creek festival.
- PCTV Broadcasts Oct. 10 School Board Meeting
With video. Now available for your viewing pleasure, PCTV is broadcasting the Oct. 10 meeting of the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors.
- Friday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Alleged racer admits role in West Pottsgrove 422 crash; Hurricane victims benefit from Hill School; death penalty off table in Perkiomen alleged murder case.
- Bats, Owls, Black Cats Prowl Farm Park
An Oct. 25 special program for children age 3 and older, accompanied by an adult, explores the nature and crafts of Halloween at the Norristown Farm Park in East Norriton. There’s a $5 admission fee.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- More Spring Valley Blasting Set For Friday
Construction of the Lower Pottsgrove housing community on Bleim Road is moving ahead, but slowly due to hard granite rock beneath the surface. Explosive blasting to lay pipe is planned Friday morning.
- Ringing Kids Sing, Dance About Good Behavior
With video. What are elementary school students likely to do when their good behavior habits garner a state award? At Ringing Rocks Elementary School on Tuesday, they sang and danced for the school board.
- Boyertown Fourth Friday Features Pumpkin Fun
Artists, musicians and other creative types are finding audiences during Boyertown’s monthly Fourth Friday observances. The next is scheduled for Oct. 27.
- Thursday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Pottstown closer to establishing land bank; Borough Council passes mural law; Terminally ill win chance to try experimental treatments; White supremacy rears its head in East Greenville.
- Who You Gonna Call? In Pottsgrove, A Principal
With video. Pottsgrove school board members heard complaints about busing problems Tuesday, and pledged they would be addressed. Got bus issues? The first call to make is to a building principal, parents were told.
- Serious Young Faces Open School Board Meeting
With video. Students at Ringing Rocks Elementary School demonstrated their pledge-giving expertise Tuesday, as they led the Board of School Directors in a daily recital ritual.
- Court Limits School’s Reach On Student Speech
A preliminary ruling last week in a U.S. District Court case brought by a student in Schuylkill County, 60 miles north of Lower Pottsgrove, said schools lacked authority to limit student speech off-campus.
- New Hanover Offers Child Safety Seat Help
Need some assistance installing a child safety seat in your family vehicle? It can be available during Thursday night’s (Oct. 12) New Hanover Fire And Rescue open house.
- Observe Fire Prevention Week In Royersford
The Royersford Public Library is observing Fire Prevention Week. Meet its staff member Friday (Oct. 13) at 10 a.m. outside the borough Fire Department, 299 Walnut St., for a tour of its new building.
- School Board Considers Wider Assessment Use
Pottsgrove school board members, when they meet tonight at Ringing Rocks Elementary School, will consider a request to expand a student assessment program that teachers say is valuable.
- Pottsgrove Boosters ‘Pink Out’ Shirts Go On Sale
Join the Pottsgrove Falcons in supporting the fight against breast cancer by buying a ‘Pink Out’ T-shirt. Proceeds of the sales will be donated to the Phoenixville Cancer Center.
- Philadelphia Premium Grows With Two Stores
Calvin Klein Underwear and Old Navy Outlet will join the Limerick outlet center’s growing retail roster in December, and Spring 2018 respectively.
- Award-Winning Mosaic Garden Ends Season
An end-of-season party and open house Saturday (Oct. 14) will help the Mosaic Community Garden in Pottstown celebrate a recently announced honor. The event is open to the public.
- Is Your Local Or Small Business Tax-Ready?
Learn how to take a snapshot-in-time view of your local or small business readiness for year-end taxes, with an Oct. 19 course sponsored by the Pottstown chapter of SCORE.
- Pottstown Performers Join In The OJR Cavalcade
More than 120 marching band members from Pottstown High School strutted their stuff Saturday in what was described as a “terrific performance” during the Owen J. Roberts Cavalcade of Bands.
- Tuesday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Three-vehicle crash Monday in NorCo; Collegeville girl among run-away teens found safe; Limerick generators shut down for routine maintenance.
- Retailer’s Show Launches Fire Prevention Week
Fire companies from across the area are observing National Fire Prevention Week by displaying equipment, talking to the public, and teaching fire safety to elementary school students.
- Ringing Hill Firefighters Order New Apparatus
The 100-foot Cobra Mid-Mount tower vehicle, due for delivery in October 2018, will improve firefighting capabilities in Lower Pottsgrove, the township fire marshal said.
- Connection Matters Meeting Set For Oct. 19
Casey O’Donnell will be the featured speaker during the next Pottstown Trauma Informed Community meeting at Brookside Country Club.
- Find Bargains, Blessed Animals In Limerick
A combination fall rummage sale and blessing on the animals is planned Oct. 21 at St. James UCC.
- Monday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Citadel Palooza, Hunter Hays wows Pottstown crowd Saturday; Judges races, property tax issues on state ballots ahead; Haunted History Gallery opens Friday in Boyertown.
- School’s Blood Drive Friday Collected 81 Pints
Perkiomen Valley High School’s annual fall blood drive was another success, with 81 pints collected to restock emergency blood supplies.
- One More Thing! 422 Resurfacing This Week
Westbound U.S. Route 422 between Evergreen Road and Armand Hammer Boulevard in Lower Pottsgrove will be resurfaced Tuesday and Wednesday. That’s in addition to already reported activity. Expect lane closures.
- PCTV Broadcasts Sept. 26 School Board Meeting
With video. Now available for your viewing pleasure, PCTV is broadcasting the Sept. 26 meeting of the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors.
- Saturday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Independence Blue Cross and Tower Health strike a deal; A potential for pleas in the case of West Pottsgrove alleged racing deaths; Downtown Pottstown gets ready for your trick-or-treaters.
- Trick Or Treat Oct. 14 With Downtown Merchants
Bring your own bag, and grab some goodies from downtown Pottstown merchants. Then stay for the Fall Arts Walk and more entertainment during the Oct. 14 “Haunts On High Halloween Extravaganza.”
- Irish Painter, Teacher, Lecturer Visits Artists Guild
Well-known painter Tim Hawkesworth will talk about “The Rigor of Wildness in Art” during the Oct. 17 meeting of the Pottstown Area Artists Guild. It’s free to attend and open to the public.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.