- Township Community Day Fun, Basked In Sun
With 11 photos. Bright sun and great fun brought carloads of families out Saturday to the Lower Pottsgrove Community Day at the Ringing Hill Fire Company grounds on White Pine Lane.
- Three Road Segments Close Overnight For Repair
Depending on where they’re headed and when, drivers traveling though Limerick and Upper Providence could be affected by overnight road closures during the next five days.
- Who’s Got The Best Costume? Maybe It’s You
A free Halloween Costume Contest for children and adults, sponsored by Krav’n Comics, will be held Oct. 27 (Friday) at center court in Coventry Mall, North Coventry. Registration starts at 5 p.m.; the contest is at 6.
- Life As A Green Lane Beaver Might Be Good
Montgomery County’s Green Lane Park will hold a program titled “Leave It To Beavers” Oct. 28 (2017; Saturday) beginning at 4:30 p.m. Explore the world of the North American beaver.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Township, District To Discuss Bus Routing
A Tuesday meeting is planned between Lower Pottsgrove Township and Pottsgrove school representatives, about bus routes on Bleim Road and Deer Ridge Drive potentially affected by construction for Spring Valley Farms.
- Garage At North Coventry Home Burglarized
Police said an unknown burglar rummaged through a Shenkel Road garage and its vehicles, and made away with several items under cover of darkness.
- ‘Guns’ Found By Amity Police Not Weapons
They were “Airsoft” replicas, Amity officers said in a report on the arrest Tuesday of a Douglasville man. Police charged him with drug-related and intoxication offenses.
- Parked In The Wrong Place? Expect A Ticket
Illegal parking concerns are rising in New Hanover Township, its police department said this week. So if your vehicle is parked where it should not be, expect to pay a price, it added.
- Use Census, Reference Data To Build Business
There’s a goldmine of sales information just waiting to be unearthed in U.S. Census data. Learn how to do the digging during a Nov. 28 SCORE seminar at the Pottstown library.
- Bleim Road Closure, Detour Starts Next Week
Bleim Road in Lower Pottsgrove will close daily, Monday through Saturday, for between 6 and 12 hours per day for pipe replacement, PennDOT said. Detours start Wednesday, and continue through November.
- Weekend Stuff To Do On The Post Calendar
For Saturday: Community Day in Lower Pottsgrove, Halloween parades in Boyertown and Harleysville, dedication of the new Limerick fire house, trunk-or-treat in Limerick Community Park, and the renovated high school open house in Boyertown.
- New Meineke Care Center Opens In Pottstown
One of the newest of more than 900 Meineke Car Care Centers across the country has opened on South Hanover Street in Pottstown.
- Pottstown Score Course Offers Selling Basics
How do you increase your company’s sales revenue? There are basic techniques that can benefit every business. Learn them at a Nov. 1 seminar in Pottstown.
- Aging Services Explained Over Coffee In Limerick
Services provided by Montgomery County’s Department of Aging are on the Oct. 25 agenda of the monthly coffee break sponsored by Limerick Parks and Recreation.
- Friday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Court witnesses identify alleged Lower Pottsgrove gun trafficker; Pottstown musical “Palooza” raised thousands for hospital; rail link to King of Prussia gets a boost.
- Lower Pottsgrove Bridge Work Closing 422 Lane
The right lane of U.S. Route 422 in Lower Pottsgrove, between the Sanatoga and Route 724 interchanges, will close next Monday and Tuesday for bridge construction.
- Rail Crossing Work, Paving To Close West King
- West King Street between Route 100 and Manatawny Street will be closed during the Friday-through-Sunday weekend, as the Colebrookdale Railroad makes repairs there.
- Theraplay, Already In Limerick, Expands West
A 25-year-old company that provides occupational, physical, and speech therapies for children at a West Ridge Pike, Limerick, office will now expand into the Pittsburgh area.
- Thursday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Trial under way for alleged Lower Pottsgrove gun trafficker; Second plea entered in West Pottsgrove racing crash deaths case; Pottstown plans no water, sewer rate hikes.
- Boyertown Seminar Covers Alzheimer’s, Finance
An Oct. 23 seminar in Boyertown covering the latest research and insights on Alzheimer’s can help you keep your mind active as you age, and also offer advice in handling finances for the elderly.
- Township Police Search For New Job Applicant
No, it’s not a criminal investigation … it’s a job opening. Lower Pottsgrove’s Police Department hopes to hire a full-time administrative support person soon. Maybe you’re qualified?
- Two Township Employees Receive Recognition
Two Lower Pottsgrove employees, Finance Director Michele Christman and Public Works Director John Fogel, have been honored by the township Board of Commissioners for their job longevity.
- Wednesday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
New programs equip Girl Scouts as leaders; Phoenixville rises again, fueled by food and beverages; King of Prussia Mall growing again next year.
- Grilled Hot Dogs Friday Mark S-F Celebration
The school district, non-profit Susan G. Komen Philadelphia, and Dietz & Watson are partying Friday to congratulate students for their efforts in sending needed footwear to hurricane-ravaged states.
- All Hail, Pottstown High’s Homecoming Court
Three Pottstown School District photos distributed Tuesday commend the members of this year’s Homecoming Court, displayed in their finery.
- With IRS, What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You
Advance tax planning makes sense for small business owners. They may want to know now where they stand … before year-end arrives. Pottstown’s SCORE chapter holds a seminar on the subject Thursday.
- Take A Spooky Adult Hike As Dusk Descends
Choose a friend to accompany you on an adults-only hike planned for Oct. 29 (Sunday) at 6:30 p.m. in the Norristown Farm Park in East Norriton. It’s free, but it may be freaky.
- Skippack Creek Bridge To Close For Repairs
The bridge that carries traffic of Old Forty Foot Road over Skippack Creek in Lower Salford will close for repairs Oct. 30. Expect it to be reopened eight months later, PennDOT said.
- Township Detectives Investigate Alleged Frauds
Lower Pottsgrove police detectives are working on two separate and unrelated fraud cases that apparently affected township residents.
- Board OKs Student Account For LGBTQ+ Group
A Pottsgrove High School student group organized to raise awareness of LGBTQ+ issues was approved by the school board to open an activity fund for its fund-raising efforts.
- Tuesday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Mother helps with fire prevention in North Coventry; Collegeville man charged with drug delivery; two arrested in Pennsburg swastika vandalism; Boyertown holds Unity Walk.
- District Makes Supplemental Payments To 186
Supplemental appointees to fill Pottsgrove 186 winter sports and activity leadership positions, and payments ranging from $238 to more than $7,000 for each, were approved last Tuesday by the school board.
- Get Your Local Halloween Fix With The Post
There’s a long list of Halloween parades and public events planned to celebrate the spookiest holiday in Lower Pottsgrove, Pottstown, Limerick, Royersford, Collegeville, Boyertown and elsewhere. See our special page.
- Monday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
- Lower Pottsgrove state senator invites teens to contest; Suit challenges state legislative district maps; Pennsburg neighbors respond to racist letters with peace vigil.
- Help Limerick’s K-9 Unit Win National Grant
Public voters in a national company’s annual grant competition can make a winning difference for the Limerick Police Department.
- Royersford Library Looks For 3 Board Members
The Royersford Free Public Library board hopes to welcome three new members during January 2018. Can you step up and be considered?
- Collegeville Church Collects Items For Homeless
Got unused bottles of personal toiletry items, or wrapped bars of soap, hanging around the house that aren’t being used? Put them to work helping the homeless, in a drive being conducted this week by a Collegeville church.
- Township Chief’s Coffee ‘Positive,’ Tip-Filled
Lower Pottsgrove Police Chief Michael Foltz’s first public coffee event Saturday was a success, he said, offering “positive feedback” and providing tips on which his investigators will follow up.
- Pottsgrove Students Chased Away Spookiness
Pottsgrove High School’s Spark The Wave volunteers made this weekend’s highly popular Friday and Saturday night hikes at Althouse Arboretum fun and safe for hundreds of visitors.
- Local Medical Firm Named PA’s ‘Best Provider’
GHP, an international healthcare publication, has presented Lower Pottsgrove-based Pottstown Medical Specialists Inc. with awards for “Best Primary Care Provider – Pennsylvania,” and “Diabetes Specialist of the Year 2017 – North East USA.”
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.