- Sewer Work Expected To Disrupt Deer Ridge
Installing a new pipeline to make sanitary sewer connections between Deer Ridge Drive and the Spring Valley Farms housing community in Lower Pottsgrove will disrupt traffic for Deer Ridge residents.
- Area Firefighters Battle Spring City Farm Blaze
Firefighters responded early Wednesday to a farm blaze in Spring City PA.
- Thursday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Lower Pottsgrove man convicted at trial; Pottstown parade enjoys huge turnout; Racist video at Pope John Paul High dismays Archdiocese; New use breaks ground for former Collegeville Inn.
- Wednesday Sheriff’s Sweep Picks Up Three Men
Residents of Harleysville, East Greenville, and Red Hill were among nine individuals arrested in early morning “deadbeat parent” raids conducted by the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Drivers: Bleim Road Detour Took Effect Wednesday
The Monday through Saturday daily closure of Bleim Road in Lower Pottsgrove took effect Wednesday (Oct. 25) and continues through November.
- School Board In No Hurry To Spend Surplus
Pottsgrove school directors made one decision Tuesday to allocate only a portion of a $1.17 million district surplus. It heard and liked plans proposed for the remainder, but delayed acting on them.
- How To Use The Money? No Shortage Of Ideas
Although Pottsgrove school board members determined in part Tuesday night what how they will use a $1.17 million surplus, district residents had their own ideas.
- How Will Pottsgrove Use Extra $1.17 Million?
The Pottsgrove School District brought in more revenue, and spent less money, last year than budgeted. Now it has another budget surplus, this time of about $1.17 million. What will it do with the cash?
- Spark The Wave, GreenAllies Haunt The Woods
Pottsgrove High students and Althouse Arboretum manager GreenAllies co-sponsor the Upper Pottsgrove arboretum’s annual Haunted Woods event Friday and Saturday. Come and be scared by what you see.
- Follow The Land Into Pottstown’s History
A story of land, its transfer, and its use represents a more than 70-year early history of Pottstown. Learn more about it Nov. 4 during a special talk at Pottsgrove Manor on West King Street.
- Limerick Center Road Restricted Three Nights
PennDOT will remove the old surface of Limerick Center Road overnights through Thursday, creating lane restrictions. It’s to prepare the road for re-paving.
- Local Gardens Get A Boost From Student’s App
Gardeners across Montgomery County, and anyone nationwide who raises crops for a living, are getting new help from the smartphone invention of a 9-year-old Pennsylvania boy.
- Scheduled This Week In Pottsgrove Sports
These Pottsgrove Falcons athletic events are scheduled for the coming week (Monday through Saturday, Oct. 23-28, 2017), according to the Pottsgrove School District athletics office.
- Monday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Accused Lower Pottsgrove gun trafficker won’t testify; What the SEPTA rail extension to King of Prussia might look like; Boyertown High’s multi-million dollar makeover put on display.
- Upper Perk Officer Saves Overdose Victim
Administration of the counteractive drug narcan by a police officer has saved another life from an opioid overdose, this time in Pennsburg PA.
- Scheduled This Week On The Post Calendar
These listed events are scheduled to occur this week (Monday through Sunday, Oct. 23-29, 2017), as provided to The Post calendar.
- Climb Hill For Your Treats; No Trick Involved
Parents and students of The Hill School in Pottstown will host a free and safe trick-or-treating experience Saturday (Oct. 28) at its Center for the Arts parking lot on Beech Street.
- Township Community Day Fun, Basked In Sun
With 11 photos. Bright sun and great fun brought carloads of families out Saturday to the Lower Pottsgrove Community Day at the Ringing Hill Fire Company grounds on White Pine Lane.
- Three Road Segments Close Overnight For Repair
Depending on where they’re headed and when, drivers traveling though Limerick and Upper Providence could be affected by overnight road closures during the next five days.
- Who’s Got The Best Costume? Maybe It’s You
A free Halloween Costume Contest for children and adults, sponsored by Krav’n Comics, will be held Friday (Oct. 27) at center court in Coventry Mall, North Coventry. Registration starts at 5 p.m.; the contest is at 6.
- Life As A Green Lane Beaver Might Be Good
Montgomery County’s Green Lane Park will hold a program titled “Leave It To Beavers” on Saturday (Oct. 28) beginning at 4:30 p.m. Explore the world of the North American beaver.
- Township, District To Discuss Bus Routing
A Tuesday (Oct. 24) meeting is planned between Lower Pottsgrove Township and Pottsgrove school representatives, about bus routes on Bleim Road and Deer Ridge Drive potentially affected by construction for Spring Valley Farms.
- Garage At North Coventry Home Burglarized
Police said an unknown burglar rummaged through a Shenkel Road garage and its vehicles, and made away with several items under cover of darkness.
- ‘Guns’ Found By Amity Police Not Weapons
They were “Airsoft” replicas, Amity officers said in a report on the arrest Tuesday of a Douglasville man. Police charged him with drug-related and intoxication offenses.
- Parked In The Wrong Place? Expect A Ticket
Illegal parking concerns are rising in New Hanover Township, its police department said this week. So if your vehicle is parked where it should not be, expect to pay a price, it added.
- Use Census, Reference Data To Build Business
There’s a goldmine of sales information just waiting to be unearthed in U.S. Census data. Learn how to do the digging during a Nov. 28 SCORE seminar at the Pottstown library.
- Bleim Road Closure, Detour Starts Next Week
Bleim Road in Lower Pottsgrove will close daily, Monday through Saturday, for between 6 and 12 hours per day for pipe replacement, PennDOT said. Detours start Wednesday, and continue through November.
- New Meineke Care Center Opens In Pottstown
One of the newest of more than 900 Meineke Car Care Centers across the country has opened on South Hanover Street in Pottstown.
- Pottstown Score Course Offers Selling Basics
How do you increase your company’s sales revenue? There are basic techniques that can benefit every business. Learn them at a Nov. 1 seminar in Pottstown.
- Aging Services Explained Over Coffee In Limerick
Services provided by Montgomery County’s Department of Aging are on the Wednesday (Oct. 25) agenda of the monthly coffee break sponsored by Limerick Parks and Recreation.
- Friday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Court witnesses identify alleged Lower Pottsgrove gun trafficker; Pottstown musical “Palooza” raised thousands for hospital; rail link to King of Prussia gets a boost.
- Lower Pottsgrove Bridge Work Closing 422 Lane
The right lane of U.S. Route 422 in Lower Pottsgrove, between the Sanatoga and Route 724 interchanges, will close next Monday and Tuesday for bridge construction.
- Theraplay, Already In Limerick, Expands West
A 25-year-old company that provides occupational, physical, and speech therapies for children at a West Ridge Pike, Limerick, office will now expand into the Pittsburgh area.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.