- Before You Gobble, Run With ‘Grove Turkeys
For a seventh year, a fun way to start Thanksgiving Day will be the annual Toss Your Turkey Run from River Front Park in Pottstown, sponsored by the Pottsgrove High School cross-country team.
- Township Police Follow Recent Burglary Leads
Some Lower Pottsgrove homes were hit by a rash of burglaries last month. Several cases remain active and are being pursued; evidence in one is awaiting laboratory results.
- Pottstown Police Seek Borough Burglary Suspect
Borough police detectives are investigating an October burglary that occurred on East High Street, and want to talk with a man they have yet to identify. See if you know him.
- Police Look For Collegeville Person Of Interest
Upper Providence police want public help in identifying a man called “a person of interest” in an alleged wallet theft that occurred Sunday in Collegeville.
- Tuesday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Pottstown man to be supervised for inappropriate contact; Limerick shop owner convicted of selling paraphernalia; DA says King of Prussia shooting lawful; Turkey traffic busiest on PA Turnpike.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Commissioners To Get Zoning Hearing Lists
The latest innovation to the twice-monthly agenda of the Lower Pottsgrove Board of Commissioners sounds simple, but until now it’s information board members may have been missing.
- More Pre-Holiday Repaving Plans In Limerick
Before you head out in the car for a Thanksgiving meal elsewhere, PennDOT contractors in Limerick will be working to ensure smooth sailing along Linfield Road.
- Pottstown Bonfire, Rivalry Game Flare Again
The Thanksgiving holiday tradition of celebratory bonfire and intense football rivalry heats up again, supposedly for a final time, on Wednesday (Nov. 22) and Thursday (Nov. 23), respectively.
- Coventry Singers Offer Two Christmas Concerts
The Coventry Singers, complete with a new director, will offer two free-to-the-public holiday concerts Dec. 2 in Pottstown and Dec. 3 in Birdsboro.
- Restrictions Persist On Egypt Road Near 422
The good news: lane restrictions on Egypt Road, near the west side of U.S. Route 422, will end before the Thanksgiving holiday. The other news: drivers must put up with them until then.
- Monday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Pottstown council says no to mental health home proposal; School board hears complaints on football rivalry end; Birdsboro boy’s Disney wish comes true.
- Bleim Road Closes Tuesday For Hydrant Work
Construction crews will close a portion of Bleim Road on Tuesday (Nov. 21), near its intersection with North Pleasant View Road, to allow fire hydrant installation.
- Township Planners Cancel Monday Night Meeting
The Lower Pottsgrove Planning Commission has cancelled its meeting for Monday (Nov. 20, 2017).
- YWCA Families Benefit From Exelon Generosity
Families with children attending education programs at the YWCA Tri-County Area in Pottstown will receive Thanksgiving meals and winter coats, thanks to the Limerick Generating Station.
- PIAA Officials Give Pottstown’s Doyle Scholarship
A member of the 2017 Pottstown High School football team has won this year’s scholarship for good sportsmanship from the Norristown chapter of PIAA Football Officials.
- Hearings Set For Two On Days Inn Drug Charges
Preliminary hearings are set for Nov. 30 for two Philadelphia men arrested by Lower Pottsgrove police on charges related to drugs found at the Days Inn, Industrial Highway.
- Festive SunnyBrook Holiday Ball Returns Dec. 1
The grand ballroom at SunnyBrook in Sanatoga will be filled Dec. 1 with eye-catching decorations, the aroma of superb food, and big band sounds during its annual holiday ball.
- The Award For Coaching Excellence Goes To …
2017 District 1 champion Pottsgrove ended its football season Friday, but the game was as much about the man who has helped make the Falcons great.
- Saturday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Grosstown Road in West Pottsgrove nears completion; Pottstown man charged in Route 100 road rage; Limerick man accused of possessing child porn; Berks County driver sentenced for fleeing.
- Dryer Fire’s Out, But What’s That In Bedroom?
Lower Pottsgrove firefighters arrived at a Walnut Ridge Estates home to put out a clothes dryer fire, and found a few things more they didn’t expect.
- PCTV Broadcasts Nov. 14 School Board Meeting
With video. Now available for your viewing pleasure, PCTV is broadcasting the Nov. 14 meeting of the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors.
- Township Board Canceled Thursday Meeting
Lower Pottsgrove commissioners canceled their meeting scheduled for Thursday (Nov. 16), and instead postponed it to Nov. 28.
- Pottstown Man Named Technician With Isett
A Pottstown resident and veteran who will graduate in December from Lehigh Carbon Community College has already been hired by engineering firm Barry Isett & Associates Inc. as a staff technician.
- Soup And Cookies Make A Great Holiday Lunch
… And you can get both during the annual Elks Doe Club Cookie Walk and Soup Sale, to be held Dec. 9 (Saturday) at Elks Lodge 814 in Pottstown. Proceeds are used to fund nursing scholarships.
- Sign Up To Make Social Media Work For You
Getting someone to read your social media post is one thing; getting them to respond is something more. Learn to attract responses in a Dec. 13 class at the TriCounty Chamber of Commerce in Pottstown.
- Nuclear Drill Participants Endured A Busy Night
Western Montgomery County municipal offices, police and fire departments, and ambulance crews were busy with responses Tuesday night during the bi-annual disaster drill focused on the Limerick Generating Station.
- Game, Bus Tickets Selling For Friday Playoff
Pottsgrove football fans who can’t wait to see Friday’s playoff between the Falcons and Bethlehem Catholic can buy admission tickets, and a bus ride too, at a discount before Friday at noon.
- Disabled Benefit From Elks Lodge Breakfast
Pottstown Elks Lodge 814 holds an all-you-can-eat breakfast Nov. 26 (Sunday), with its proceeds to benefit Pennsylvania children and adults with disabilities.
- Enjoy Pottstown Holidays In a Long-Gone Era
Historic Pottsgrove Manor lights up in its 18th Century holiday finest for visitors and guests (that’s you!) Dec. 10 (Sunday) in the former Potts Family home on West King Street in Pottstown.
- Police Write 35 Citations For Pruss Hill Offenses
Lower Pottsgrove police and state troopers worked together to issue 35 citations for traffic infractions along Pruss Hill Road. Most were for speeding, according to a report discussed Thursday.
- Nine At Pottsgrove High Arrested Last Month
Nine people were charged for involvement in six of nine incidents that occurred during October at Pottsgrove High School, according to a Lower Pottsgrove Police Department report.
- MetEd Preps For Winter In Township And Area
Crews for electricity supplier Metropolitan Edison, which serves a portion of Lower Pottsgrove and communities north of its border, are preparing equipment to survive the coming winter.
- Pottsgrove Alum Joins Friday Gala Entertainment
Pottsgrove-educated country music singer and songwriter Kendal Conrad will be among the entertainment featured Friday at The National Dog Show Gala in the Radisson Hotel Grand Ballroom, King of Prussia.
- Wednesday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Free fire alarms installed in Pottstown; Boro native and showplace pet competing for prizes in weekend’s dog show; State Senate again approves speed radar use for municipalities, but House vote to come.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.