- $2+ Million Deals Top Township Property Sales
Two separate and unrelated real estate sales in Lower Pottsgrove Township, completed just two days apart, each were valued at more than $2 million, according to Montgomery County property records.
- Board Plans Forming Infrastructure Committee
Lower Pottsgrove commissioners will meet tonight. On their agenda its a plan to form a infrastructure committee, potentially to determine and rank township capital improvement needs.
- You’ll Cackle With Scientific Glee In Royersford
A mad scientist returns Dec. 9 to the Royersford Free Public Library, for a show filled with holiday experiments that would tickle even Santa’s funny bone.
- Schwenksville Holiday House Tour Returns Dec. 9
Area residents and businesses have again decorated their properties for public viewing, as part of the annual Holiday House Tour held by the Women’s Civic Club of Schwenksville. Tickets are available now.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Background Check Fee Hikes Won’t Affect Schools
If you volunteer to work with kids at a local school, required criminal background checks remain free. Anyone else who needs a records scan, usually for a job, will pay much more starting Friday.
- Spaghetti On The Menu For Santa-toga Dinner
As he always does, Santa Claus is coming to town. And when he does – this Saturday from 4-7 p.m. – he’ll make an extended stop for dinner with the Sanatoga Fire Company.
- Scheduled This Week On The Post Calendar
These listed events are scheduled to occur this week (Monday through Sunday, Nov. 27-Dec. 3, 2017), as provided to The Post calendar.
- Airman With Pottstown Ties Completes Training
The son of a Pottstown resident, and a Faith Christian Academy graduate, has completed Air Force basic military training in San Antonio TX.
- Pottstown Students Show Their Holiday Service
Thirty Pottstown area families can experience a happier holiday, thanks to the efforts of members of the Pottstown High School Service Club. They collected hundreds of food items for local distribution.
- Gardener Display: What You Grow Can Become Festive
See Master Gardener Sharon Gross demonstrate how to create a seasonal topiary, Wednesday evening (Nov. 29) at the public library in Royersford.
- Why Buy Ornaments? Make Them! At Farm Park
Buying ornaments for holiday decorations is passe. Make them instead, and have fun while you’re at it. A Dec. 10 two-hour program at Norristown Farm Park shows you how.
- Guide Rail Repairs Prompt Tuesday Lane Closings
PennDOT crews will fix separate guide rail problems on U.S. Route 422 and Route 100. Their work will require right lane closures for a few daytime hours.
- Scheduled This Week In Pottsgrove Sports
These Pottsgrove Falcons athletic events are scheduled for the coming week (Monday through Saturday, Nov. 27-Dec. 2, 2017), according to the Pottsgrove School District athletics office.
- Pottstown Football Players Deliver Holiday Meals
Eleven Pottstown area families benefited from food donations made this week by members of the Pottstown High School football team.
- Preliminary Hearing Set In Alleged Robbery
A 30-year-old Pottstown man faces a Dec. 7 preliminary hearing on charges he robbed the America’s Best Value Inn in the borough last week.
- Paving Restrictions Ahead On Linfield Road
A PennDOT contractor will pave a portion of Linfield Road and Main Street in Limerick next week. Expect land restrictions Monday through Friday.
- Diamond Credit Manager Earns Certification
Phil Fry, business services manager for Diamond Credit Union in Lower Pottsgrove, has received a certification in business lending.
- Coffee Promotion Benefiting Local Food Banks
Large cups of hot coffee bought with a loyalty card will result in Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants’ donations to regional food banks that help local organizations feed the hungry.
- Session Explores Computer Machine Operations
Montgomery County Community College and Pennsylvania CareerLink are working with an area employer to explore career opportunities in computerized numerical control machine operations.
- No Place Like Home For Royersford Cafe Owner
With video. Royersford cafe owner and caterer Donna Musetti has traveled far and wide in her 30-year hospitality career, but she wanted to start her latest venture close to home.
- Friday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Jail time, mental health help for man who struck Lower Pottsgrove officer; Soil pollution closes Pottstown park; Limerick enjoys bowling with its turkey.
- We Are Thankful For You, Our Post Readers
Managing Editor Joe Zlomek wishes every reader of The Post an enjoyable, peaceful, and memorable Thanksgiving Day.
- Report Notes Toys To Avoid In Shopping Season
The annual report on potentially dangerous toys to avoid buying this year has been issued by the Public Interest Research Group. Its Pennsylvania chapter is offering the free advisory online.
- Be Forewarned: Holiday DUI Crackdown Effort Begins
Hundreds of municipal police agencies, including those in Lower, Upper and West Pottsgrove, Limerick, and Pottstown, have begun a holiday effort targeting those driving under the influence.
- Expect Overnight 422 Pottstown Closures Next Week
Expect portions of U.S. Route 422 across West Pottsgrove and Pottstown to be closed overnights on specific dates next week for construction-related barrier installations.
- Bridge Inspection Closes Rt. 29 Lane Next Week
The right lane on a portion of Route 29 through Upper Providence and Phoenixville will be closed next Wednesday (Nov. 29) for bridge inspections.
- Wednesday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Lower Pottsgrove man faces jail on gun charge; Pottstown YMCA says it will close next June; Pennhurst hospital property wins grant, loan for business park; Harrisburg teachers quitting after violence.
- Morlatton Village Debuts New Holiday Event
The White Horse Inn, part of the Douglassville PA historic site, will be decorated and active in a holiday presentation scheduled for Dec. 16 (Saturday).
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.