- Pottsgrove Teams’ Gift Benefits Cancer Patients
Again this year, representatives of the Pottsgrove School District and its students athletes presented a substantial donation to the Phoenixville Hospital Cancer Center to assist its patients.
- Police Hunting For Collegeville Hit-And-Run Car
A blue Ford Focus that police allege was involved in a hit-and-run accident Saturday and suffered “significant” damage is the object of a continuing investigation.
- After That First Snow, Is Your Vehicle Ready Now?
The first snow has come and gone, but Accuweather predicts more is headed toward western Montgomery County on Tuesday. It’s after the fact, but have you checked to ensure your car is ready?, PennDOT asks.
- North Coventry Police Arrest Follows Disturbance
North Coventry police arrested a Pottstown man Friday on several charges following a domestic disturbance on South Keim Street.
- Cookies, Cards Both Acts Of Christmas Kindness
Although almost everything matters to a police officer, a small act of kindness often can matter most. That was proven during the past week in Royersford.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- See What’s Spreading All Along Medical Drive
The color stands out against the backdrop of concrete and asphalt in the Lower Pottsgrove office plaza.
- Water Rates To Rise In Parts of Western MontCo
Home owners in western Montgomery County municipalities served by Pennsylvania American Water Company will see water rates rise by 9.4 percent beginning Jan. 1, the state Public Utilities Commission said Thursday.
- West Chester Postpones Game With Pottsgrove
The boys basketball game between West Chester and Pottsgrove scheduled for tonight has been delayed because of the weather.
- Meet Santa Today, And Help Daily Bread Pantry
Join Collegeville Lions Club members and Santa Claus today (Saturday) at Redner’s Warehouse Market on 2nd Avenue, as they collect donated food items for the Daily Bread pantry.
- Stowe 422 Drivers Facing Long Ramp Closures
Drivers on U.S. Route 422 in West Pottsgrove and Stowe face long-term ramp closures there that begin next week and continue through Fall 2019, PennDOT said Thursday.
- Pottsgrove Band, Orchestra Celebrate Holidays
With two videos. The high school brass quintet, concert band, string orchestra, and full orchestra offered 13 different performances during a Thursday winter concert, to the delight of parents and friends.
- Police Arrest Sanatoga Man In Domestic Dispute
A domestic dispute Wednesday morning in a Deer Ridge Drive home resulted in simple assault and harassment charges brought against a 49-year-old male.
- Church Sells Cookies By The Pound, And More
If you’ve ever been to the holiday cookie sale at Pottstown’s Holy Trinity Orthodox Church, you know they’ve got more varieties of goodies than Santa has whiskers. The sale is scheduled for Saturday.
- Board OKs $2.5 Million Middle School Roof Repair
The leaking roof and other problems at Pottsgrove Middle School should be fixed by the time school starts next fall, under a $2.5-million contract authorized Tuesday by the school board.
- Pennypacker Resignation Accepted ‘With Regret’
With video. “It’s official,” Falcons football head coach Rick Pennypacker acknowledged. The Pottsgrove Board of School Directors accepted his resignation Tuesday, but not without comment of its own.
- Why Buy Ornaments? Make Them! At Farm Park
Buying ornaments for holiday decorations is passe. Make them instead, and have fun while you’re at it. A Sunday (Dec. 10) two-hour program at Norristown Farm Park shows you how.
- You’ll Cackle With Scientific Glee In Royersford
A mad scientist returns Saturday (Dec. 9) to the Royersford Free Public Library, for a show filled with holiday experiments that would tickle even Santa’s funny bone.
- 15 Pottsgrove Leaders Receive 2% Pay Increases
Across-the-board salary increases of 2 percent were approved Tuesday for 15 Pottsgrove school principals and other executives by the district Board of School Directors.
- Hutt And Nippert Sworn As Pottsgrove Directors
Scott Hutt and Charles Nippert, who in November elections won new seats on the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors, took their oaths of office Tuesday for those positions.
- Middle School Team Deemed Robotic Innovators
A team of six students from Pottsgrove Middle School, led by teacher Deb MacIlvain, won first place in the robotics invention category of a 22-team competition held Saturday.
- Board Considers $2.5M Roof Replacement At MS
The projected cost to replace roofing at Pottsgrove Middle School, and fix other problems with the structure, exceeds $2.5 million. School directors may authorize the work at their meeting tonight.
- School Directors Take Their Seats Tonight
Ahead of the Pottsgrove school board’s regular meeting, its will introduce and administer oaths of office to returning and newly elected directors.
- Scheduled This Week On The Post Calendar
These listed events are scheduled to occur this week (Tuesday through Sunday, Dec. 5-10, 2017), as provided to The Post calendar.
- Royersford Wins More Trail Grant Funding
Royersford received another $181,100 in grant funds to help extend its riverfront trail from Arch Street to the borough-Upper Providence boundary line, it announced Monday.
- Pottsgrove Program Tackles Texting Head-On
With video and infographic. A program being presented this week in Pottsgrove High School strives to deliver a strong message to juniors and other teen drivers: texting behind the wheel can get them killed.
- Scheduled This Week In Pottsgrove Sports
These Pottsgrove Falcons athletic events are scheduled for the coming week (Monday through Saturday, Dec. 4-9, 2017), according to the Pottsgrove School District athletics office.
- Monday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Area schools offering assistance to Antonelli students; Decisions still await on proposed 18-percent Pottstown tax hike; Phoenixville man barricaded himself in home with gun.
- Santa Shows In Sanatoga For Hot Meal, Friends
With 6 photos. Santa Claus arrived in Sanatoga on Saturday, as he does every year, to mix and mingle with guests at the fire company dinner. He’ll be back in two weeks as well, for a ride around Lower Pottsgrove.
- Festival Features Trail Hunt, Box Stacking, Crafts
With 6 photos. Exploring Althouse Arboretum trails Saturday in Upper Pottsgrove helped visitors to its Winter Festival win prizes for finding items on a scavenger hunt list. It was one of many activities during the day.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.