- Santa Rode Saturday With Sanatoga; Joins Ringing Hill Today
Lower Pottsgrove residents get a double dose of Santa. He rode with the Sanatoga Fire Company on Saturday, and will be out again today (Sunday, Dec. 17) with the Ringing Hill Fire Company. Wave as he visits!
- Exhausted Fire Teams Fulfill Santa Run Promise
Collegeville and Trappe firefighters were good for their word Saturday. They spent hours early in the morning battling a two-alarm house fire, then still made promised Santa runs later during the day.
- Discover How Animals Cope With Winter
It isn’t easy if you’re freezin’! Animals in the wild know how to adapt to deal with winter’s cold and snow. Learn what they do during an activity Dec. 19 at Norristown Farm Park.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Pottstown Pair Among Local Police Graduates
Two residents of Pottstown and seven others from within western Montgomery County graduated Wednesday from the county Police Academy, ready to take up new jobs in local law enforcement.
- Saturday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
West Pottsgrove police help grant a Christmas wish; Pottstown still wrestles with tax increase; New mural celebrates Hispanic culture; Limerick man faces prison in sexual assaults.
- State Repairing Route 29 In Pennsburg, Red Hill
Expect lane restrictions in both directions on a segment of Route 29 next week across Pennsburg and Red Hill. PennDOT contractors will be fixing manholes there.
- Local Santa Runs, And More Weekend Stuff To Do
Looking for a list of this weekend’s Santa Runs, and others scheduled later? Here’s a compilation of 15 fire companies’ plans, as well as other weekend activities.
- ‘Grove Grad’s Courageous Story Goes National
Pottsgrove High graduate Sarah Pennington, and her story of hope for other teens who face psychological disorders, was warmly received Thursday during the nationally broadcast Megyn Kelly TODAY show.
- Overnight 422 East Closure Coming Next Monday
An overnight closure and detour of eastbound U.S. Route 422, between Benjamin Franklin Highway in Douglass Township and Route 100 in North Coventry Township, is scheduled for next Monday.
- Pottsgrove Grad Finishes Air Force Training
The 2016 graduate of Pottsgrove High School is a U.S. Air Force Reserve airman 1st class who has completed basic training.
- Police Ask Help In Finding Hit-And-Run Van
The unknown driver of a light blue mini-van was involved in a pedestrian hit-and-run incident Wednesday in Royersford, Upper Providence Police said. They need help finding the vehicle.
- Douglassville Woman Arrested On Theft Charge
Amity Township Police allege she took money from a container of charitable donations made to a children’s hospital.
- Pottstown DECA Welcomes New Officers, Members
The marketing association of students at Pottstown High School recently held a meeting at which new officers were seated, and new members inducted.
- Weather Delays Pottsgrove Schools’ Opening
In the first winter weather delay of the academic year, Pottsgrove schools were opening Thursday two hours later than usual, the school district said.
- Holiday DUI Enforcement Started Wednesday
Local police departments and the Pennsylvania State Police are targeting all forms of driving under the influence in a special holiday campaign that continues through Dec. 31
- South Lewis Road Stop Sign Effective Today
A new stop sign takes effect Thursday in Royersford at the intersection of South Lewis and Borough Line roads, Upper Providence police said.
- Alleged Thief Probably Not On Santa’s ‘Good’ List
A 32-year-old Union Township man is accused by Amity Police with stealing laser projector holiday lights from a Rosewood Drive property.
- Sign Work Prompts Route 422 Lane Restrictions
Sign installations on U.S. Route 422 between the Sanatoga and Route 724 interchanges will create west-, then east-bound, lane restrictions Thursday and Friday this week.
- Althouse Arboretum Launches Its ‘Eco-Store’
The new addition to the farmhouse at Althouse Arboretum in Upper Pottsgrove is an Eco-Store that offers local and internationally hand-crafted items as gifts and for household use.
- Pottstown Names Wilson ‘Student Of The Quarter’
He’s involved in academic, athletic, and cultural activities at Pottstown High School, and was nominated for the honor by several teachers.
- Pottsgrove Looks For Pool With YMCA Closing
The swimming season has begun at Pottsgrove High School. Meets are scheduled for today, and through February. But where will the Falcons practice and hold home meets if the Pottstown YMCA closes?
- Toys For Tots Donation Deadline Looms Friday
A lengthy list of Sanatoga and Pottstown merchants and community groups are collecting for this year’s Toys For Tots holiday gift drive. The donation deadline is Friday.
- Photo Gallery: Chillin’ On Main 2017, Boyertown
With nine photos. The Post Publications’ cameras were in Boyertown for the borough’s annual Chillin’ On Main event, held Dec. 2 (Saturday).
- She’s Sought By No Fewer Than Four Colleges
Pottstown High School senior Courtney Parry has already received acceptance bids and scholarship offers from four area colleges and universities … and more seem likely to come.
- Scheduled This Week In Pottsgrove Sports
These Pottsgrove Falcons athletic events are scheduled for the coming week (Monday through Saturday, Dec. 11-16, 2017), according to the Pottsgrove School District athletics office.
- Work Closing Portion of Route 663 For Two Days
Maintenance operations on a segment of Pennsylvania Route 663 in New Hanover and Upper Hanover townships will close the portion and result in a detour, according to PennDOT.
- Trappe, Collegeville Respond To Truck Accident
A pick-up truck hit a tree during the height of Saturday’s afternoon snowfall in Trappe. Firefighters from Trappe and Collegeville, and other units were among the responders.
- Monday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Police officers experience holiday joys in West Pottsgrove; Downtown Pottstown draws snow, crowds for Hometown Holidays; 18-percent tax hike still foreseen in Pottstown budgets. Armed robber gets jail term.
- Pottsgrove Teams’ Gift Benefits Cancer Patients
Again this year, representatives of the Pottsgrove School District and its students athletes presented a substantial donation to the Phoenixville Hospital Cancer Center to assist its patients.
- Police Hunting For Collegeville Hit-And-Run Car
A blue Ford Focus that police allege was involved in a hit-and-run accident Saturday and suffered “significant” damage is the object of a continuing investigation.
- After That First Snow, Is Your Vehicle Ready Now?
The first snow has come and gone, but Accuweather predicts more is headed toward western Montgomery County on Tuesday. It’s after the fact, but have you checked to ensure your car is ready?, PennDOT asks.
- North Coventry Police Arrest Follows Disturbance
North Coventry police arrested a Pottstown man Friday on several charges following a domestic disturbance on South Keim Street.
- Cookies, Cards Both Acts Of Christmas Kindness
Although almost everything matters to a police officer, a small act of kindness often can matter most. That was proven during the past week in Royersford.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.