- Blustery And Biting Christmas Wind in Sanatoga
With video. On Christmas Day (Dec. 25, 2017) at noon on Sanatoga Ridge in Lower Pottsgrove PA, the wind was blowing and biting in 31 degree weather at about 15 miles an hour. It was shaking sturdy tree limbs.
- Needing A Christmas Miracle? One In Royersford
A trained and equipped Royersford police officer rescued a heroin overdose victim Christmas Eve on Main Street in the borough, his department said.
- Pottstown Foundation To Direct Tournament Gifts
Raven’s Claw Golf Club in Limerick has partnered with the Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation to direct charitable fund-raising it hopes will benefit three Pottstown non-profit groups.
- Knitted Handiwork Crowns Young Heads At Barth
A woman who volunteers her assistance to the Pottstown School District also found time to hand-knit winter hats for first-graders in a class taught by her daughter.
- Editor’s note: The Post did not publish Christmas Day (Dec. 25, 2017)
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Yet Another Holiday Payment Headache Ahead
Lower Pottsgrove Tax Collector Jennifer Marsteller is opening her office on a special schedule next week, for the convenience of last-minute Pottsgrove School District property tax payers and other procrastinators.
- Trash Collection Occurs Tuesdays For Two Weeks
Because the Christmas and New Year holidays fall on Mondays this year, garbage collection by J.P. Mascaro and Sons in Lower Pottsgrove will occur on Tuesdays during the next two weeks.
- Sunday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Pottstown woman faces felony drug charges; Borough postpones hearing on sober group home; Riverfront Park bridge reopens; Ursinus students headed for the tropics.
- New Township Police Employee Fills Hybrid Role
Elizabeth Cole’s new title in the Lower Pottsgrove Police Department is “police administrative support person,” but she’s a retired police sergeant whose job will involve more than office paperwork.
- Township To Buy Sanatoga Land For ‘Campus’
Lower Pottsgrove commissioners agreed Thursday to buy three parcels of land in the heart of Sanatoga village to create a future “campus” for township municipal buildings.
- Truck Sought In Thursday Route 100 Hit-And-Run
North Coventry police are looking for a truck and its driver, who is alleged to have caused a hit and run crash early Thursday evening on Route 100 south.
- Police Search For Damaged SUV In Royersford
An SUV that hit a mailbox Monday in Royersford is likely to look in as bad or worse shape than the box itself. Upper Providence police hope you can help them find the vehicle.
- Family’s Memorial Gift Secures Officers’ Safety
The $15,000 gift of a Lower Pottsgrove family, in memory of their loved one, will help to protect township police officers in active shooter situations.
- Police Investigate Drive-Through ATM Card Skimming
Criminals hit the drive-though ATM at a “local financial institution” during November and installed a card skimmer there, Lower Pottsgrove police say. Several victims’ card accounts have since been tapped.
- Alert Issued For Compromised Debit Cards At Sanatoga Turkey Hill
Lower Pottsgrove police are investigating a series of bank account compromises involving debit cards recently used at the Turkey Hill Minit Market on East High Street.
- Christmas Gifts (Sort Of) Arrive Early On Deer Ridge
Residents of Deer Ridge Drive in Sanatoga won’t have to put up much longer with construction, and their street will be cleaned before the holidays, Lower Pottsgrove Township pledged.
- Crews Install Gas Line On North Pleasant View
A PECO natural gas pipeline is being installed along the shoulder of a portion of North Pleasant View Road in Lower Pottsgrove to serve future home owners in the Spring Valley Farms housing community.
- PennDOT Ends 422 West Temporary Stowe Access
A change in maintenance and traffic protection plans will force PennDOT to close a temporary access ramp for westbound U.S. Route 422 at Stowe. It opened only eight days ago.
- Raven’s Claw Course To Host LPGA Tour Event
With video. Raven’s Claw, the popular and highly rated golf course in Limerick has been named as the host next May of the Valley Forge Invitational, an event that is part of the LPGA’s Symetra Tour.
- Thursday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Upper Pottsgrove cuts, not raises, taxes in 2018 budget; Philadelphia 76’ers stars visit Spring-Ford elementary school; new Montgomery County arts program launches at Ursinus; grants boost Boyertown revitalization.
- Now, THIS Is Our Idea Of A School PTA Meeting!
Whether you like oysters or not, tonight’s venue for a meeting of the Pottsgrove Middle School Parent-Teacher Association is sure to be memorable.
- Next-Year Budget Approval On Township Agenda
Lower Pottsgrove commissioners meet Thursday for the last time during 2017. Their busy agenda includes adoption of the township’s tentative $6.32 million budget for 2018, and its 2-percent tax increase.
- Schuylkill Trail Bridge Plan Wins $516,000 Grant
Plans by the Schuylkill River Greenways National Heritage Area, headquartered in Pottstown, to build a pedestrian bridge over Route 724 in Monocacy Station were boosted Tuesday with news of a half-million dollar grant award.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.