- Holiday Schedule For Pottsgrove Sports Activity
These Pottsgrove Falcons athletic events are scheduled for the holiday break and beyond (today, Thursday, Dec. 28, to Saturday, Jan. 6, 2018), according to the Pottsgrove School District athletics office.
- Solar Power System Installations Grow In State
Despite a recent lack of federal interest, new solar power-producing projects are being installed at homes, businesses, and other property owners across the state, proponents claim.
- Pottstown Team Provides A Hit For The Holiday
Baseball players and coaches at Pottstown High School, interested in extending community service, provided for a family in need during Christmas.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Town 2018 Budget, Tax Hike Effective Monday
Lower Pottsgrove commissioners have approved the township’s 2018 budgets, and with them a real estate tax increase of $31.25 on an average home. The package takes effect Monday; expect a bill in March.
- Township Civil Service Board To Reorganize
The annual reorganization meeting of the Lower Pottsgrove Civil Service Commission is scheduled for Wednesday (Jan. 3) at 5 p.m. The meeting is open to the public.
- Guess Where $381,080 Went During November?
Lower Pottsgrove Township incurred $381,080 in expenses during November 2017. Its monthly warrants show where its revenues came from, and how it spent your tax dollars.
- Exelon Team Brings Area Children Holiday Cheer
A team of Exelon employees purchased, wrapped, and delivered gifts last week for each of 165 children attending the YWCA Tri-County Area Early Education Center.
- Blustery And Biting Christmas Wind in Sanatoga
With video. On Christmas Day (Dec. 25, 2017) at noon on Sanatoga Ridge in Lower Pottsgrove PA, the wind was blowing and biting in 31 degree weather at about 15 miles an hour. It was shaking sturdy tree limbs.
- Needing A Christmas Miracle? One In Royersford
A trained and equipped Royersford police officer rescued a heroin overdose victim Christmas Eve on Main Street in the borough, his department said.
- Pottstown Foundation To Direct Tournament Gifts
Raven’s Claw Golf Club in Limerick has partnered with the Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation to direct charitable fund-raising it hopes will benefit three Pottstown non-profit groups.
- Knitted Handiwork Crowns Young Heads At Barth
A woman who volunteers her assistance to the Pottstown School District also found time to hand-knit winter hats for first-graders in a class taught by her daughter.
- Editor’s note: The Post did not publish Christmas Day (Dec. 25, 2017)
- Yet Another Holiday Payment Headache Ahead
Lower Pottsgrove Tax Collector Jennifer Marsteller is opening her office on a special schedule next week, for the convenience of last-minute Pottsgrove School District property tax payers and other procrastinators.
- Trash Collection Occurs Tuesdays For Two Weeks
Because the Christmas and New Year holidays fall on Mondays this year, garbage collection by J.P. Mascaro and Sons in Lower Pottsgrove will occur on Tuesdays during the next two weeks.
- Sunday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Pottstown woman faces felony drug charges; Borough postpones hearing on sober group home; Riverfront Park bridge reopens; Ursinus students headed for the tropics.
- New Township Police Employee Fills Hybrid Role
Elizabeth Cole’s new title in the Lower Pottsgrove Police Department is “police administrative support person,” but she’s a retired police sergeant whose job will involve more than office paperwork.
- Township To Buy Sanatoga Land For ‘Campus’
Lower Pottsgrove commissioners agreed Thursday to buy three parcels of land in the heart of Sanatoga village to create a future “campus” for township municipal buildings.
- Truck Sought In Thursday Route 100 Hit-And-Run
North Coventry police are looking for a truck and its driver, who is alleged to have caused a hit and run crash early Thursday evening on Route 100 south.
- Police Search For Damaged SUV In Royersford
An SUV that hit a mailbox Monday in Royersford is likely to look in as bad or worse shape than the box itself. Upper Providence police hope you can help them find the vehicle.
- Family’s Memorial Gift Secures Officers’ Safety
The $15,000 gift of a Lower Pottsgrove family, in memory of their loved one, will help to protect township police officers in active shooter situations.
- Police Investigate Drive-Through ATM Card Skimming
Criminals hit the drive-though ATM at a “local financial institution” during November and installed a card skimmer there, Lower Pottsgrove police say. Several victims’ card accounts have since been tapped.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.