The municipal building was blanketed in snow Saturday (Dec. 30)
SANATOGA PA – Lower Pottsgrove’s Board of Commissioners will convene a bit earlier for its first meeting of the new year, according to its agenda. The township board’s scheduled reorganization meeting will open tonight (Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018) at 5:30 p.m., rather than at 7 p.m. as usual, in the municipal building at 2199 Buchert Rd.
Government reorganizations have been likened to a managers’ exchange of line-up cards at the start of a baseball game. It’s how you know who’s playing in what position, and when.
The meeting will include administering oaths of office to three incumbent commissioners and the township tax collector, all returning for new terms. Board officers and committee members will be chosen; leadership changes are always possible. Commissioners also will announce re-appointments for members of the township planning, sewer authority, zoning hearing, and building code appeals boards.
The meeting is free to attend and open to the public. Copies of the board agenda are available now for download from the township website, here.
Also tonight, the board is scheduled to:
- Be advised of details regarding a proposed zoning hearing application for a property on North Keim Street;
- Consider accepting credit cards as payment for some permits and products available to the public;
- Award bids for the purchase of on- and off-road diesel fuel;
- Establish or change fees for certain township services; and
- Hear reports from its department heads and committees.
Related (to the Lower Pottsgrove Board of Commissioners’ Jan. 2 meeting):
- Township Board Reorganization Meeting Tonight
Photo by The Post Publications