- Township Board Reorganization Meeting Tonight
Lower Pottsgrove’s Board of Commissioners will again tonight undertake an annual ritual of oaths, appointments, and announcements that comprise its reorganization meeting. You’re invited.
- District Warning: ‘Bundle Up’ For High School
There may be temporary heating problems in some portions of Pottsgrove High School, students’ families learned during the New Year holiday weekend. They were urged to dress in heavier clothing.
- Not The Way A Driver Wanted To End The Year
Lower Pottsgrove police and Sanatoga firefighters responded Sunday to a traffic accident at East High Street.
- Scheduled This Week On The Post Calendar
These listed events are scheduled to occur this week (Tuesday through Sunday, Jan. 2-7, 2018), as provided to The Post calendar.
- Editor’s note: The Post did not publish on New Year’s Day (Jan. 1, 2018)
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Polar Bear Swim Postponed, For Even The Bears
Pottstown’s Parks and Recreation Department has postponed the New Year’s Day Polar Bear Swim, because its just too danged cold.
- Credit Union Earns Best Work Place Award
The honor given to Diamond Credit Union in Lower Pottsgrove represents the second year it’s been recognized among the state’s medium-sized companies.
- Former Foundation Board Member Joins Its Staff
Ashia Cooper, who is a former member of the board of directors of the Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation, has joined its staff as a program officer.
- Pottstown Hospital Wins 5th Cancer Program Award
The honor marks the fifth consecutive period, covering 15 years, in which Pottstown Hospital cancer program has been recognized by the American College of Surgeons.
- Seniors, Politicians Have Scholarship For You
There’s a March 1 deadline to apply for college scholarships that are being offered in the name of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.
- SEPTA ID Changes Ahead For Pottstown Seniors
Pottstown area senior citizens who ride SEPTA buses and other public transportation for free, using their Medicare cards, must change to the SEPTA Key senior photo ID card by Jan. 16.
- Gallery Hosts ‘Language Of Color’ Exhibit
Acrylic paintings by Chester Springs artist Mary Kane will be exhibited Jan. 12 through Feb. 23 at The Hill School’s Boyer Gallery in Pottstown. An opening reception is planned Jan. 12 from 7-9 p.m.
- Colonial Women Considered Pockets Handy, Too
They didn’t look like the pockets we’ve come to know, though. Take a lesson in pocket making, and learn its history, in a Jan. 20 workshop at Pottsgrove Manor.
- SunnyBrook Gala Benefits Pottstown Non-Profit
A New Year’s Eve gala with a “Casino Royale” theme at SunnyBrook Ballroom will help raise funds for programs to help the homeless, sponsored by Wings Of Victory in Pottstown.
- Weekend Stuff To Do On The Post Calendar
With the New Year close at hand, here are four days of fun events to take you through Jan. 1. Topping our list? The annual Polar Bear Swim on Monday in Pottstown which, given the weather, is expected to be particularly brutal this year. Keep that Speedo bundled up!
- Community College Favorably Ranked In 2017
Montgomery County Community College won favorable review and rankings from five consumer-driven ranking organizations during the past 12 months.
- Restaurant, Distiller Ringing In New Year
The staff of a popular downtown Pottstown restaurant, and the borough’s premier distiller, are working together to make New Year’s Eve memorable for their patrons.
- Pottstown, Royersford Students Earn Honors
Five colleges and universities this week announced that eight students who live in Pottstown and Royersford received honors for their academic achievements.
- 76ers Teach Teamwork In Royersford School
Philadelphia 76ers basketball stars Joel Embiid and Amir Johnson visited Upper Providence Elementary School last week to talk about the importance of teamwork.
- Holiday Schedule For Pottsgrove Sports Activity
These Pottsgrove Falcons athletic events are scheduled for the holiday break and beyond (today, Thursday, Dec. 28, to Saturday, Jan. 6, 2018), according to the Pottsgrove School District athletics office.
- Solar Power System Installations Grow In State
Despite a recent lack of federal interest, new solar power-producing projects are being installed at homes, businesses, and other property owners across the state, proponents claim.
- Pottstown Team Provides A Hit For The Holiday
Baseball players and coaches at Pottstown High School, interested in extending community service, provided for a family in need during Christmas.
- Town 2018 Budget, Tax Hike Effective Monday
Lower Pottsgrove commissioners have approved the township’s 2018 budgets, and with them a real estate tax increase of $31.25 on an average home. The package takes effect Monday; expect a bill in March.
- Township Civil Service Board To Reorganize
The annual reorganization meeting of the Lower Pottsgrove Civil Service Commission is scheduled for Wednesday (Jan. 3) at 5 p.m. The meeting is open to the public.
- Guess Where $381,080 Went During November?
Lower Pottsgrove Township incurred $381,080 in expenses during November 2017. Its monthly warrants show where its revenues came from, and how it spent your tax dollars.
- Exelon Team Brings Area Children Holiday Cheer
A team of Exelon employees purchased, wrapped, and delivered gifts last week for each of 165 children attending the YWCA Tri-County Area Early Education Center.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.