- Pottsgrove Grad Completes U.S. Airman Training
He successfully finished an eight-week introductory program at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland.
- Exelon Gives Winter Coats To Pottstown Students
For the sixth consecutive year, employees at the Limerick Generating Station have donated warm winter coats to students in the Pottstown School District.
- Slime! Schmooze The Ooze At Coventry Mall
It’s a neat winter project that’s not at all neat. Your kids can learn how to make their own slime, and even get samples to bring home, during a Tuesday night event at the mall.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Got A Big Idea For A Business? Make It Bigger
Entrepreneurs who dream of taking their business to the next level may be able to win a boost from the Montgomery County Community College Start-Up Accelerator Fund competition.
- Dean’s Lists Name ‘Grove, Pottstown, S-F Grads
Dozens of graduates from local high schools are succeeding in their studies at colleges and universities.
- Recycle Holiday Trees Today At Arboretum
Easily get rid of your holiday tree, and help cover often-used walking trails, with today’s (Saturday, Jan. 6) tree recycling program at Althouse Arboretum in Upper Pottsgrove.
- Learning Experience Child Care Opens Jan. 15
The new care center for children ages six weeks to 6 years old will open Jan. 15 at 101 Keystone Dr. in the Linfield Corporate Center.
- Local Card Skimming Woes Migrate To Pennsburg
Lower Pottsgrove got hit in December and earlier with debit and credit card-skimming activity. Now the same problems are arising in the Pennsburg area, Upper Perkiomen police report.
- Updated: Pottsgrove, Other Schools Close Friday; Delay For Two Districts
Spring-Ford Area, and Perkiomen Valley schools both planned to open Friday on a two-hour delay due to weather conditions. The Pottsgrove, Pottstown, and Boyertown districts were closed.
- Please Clear Sidewalks, Royersford Police Request
Clearing your Royersford sidewalk is not only the neighborly thing to do, borough police said, but also the lawful thing.
- NorCo Police Investigating 422 Hit-And-Run
The incident occurred Dec. 30 (Saturday) as the stricken vehicle was exiting U.S. Route 422 at the Route 724 interchange.
- Schools Delay Opening; Go Slow Even If Snow’s Light, PennDOT Warns
As of 6 a.m., most parts of western Montgomery County received only a dusting of snow … if that. Even so, PennDOT urged, be cautious while driving.
- 422 Overnight Lane Closure Planned Jan. 11
Construction work on U.S. Route 422 near Trooper Road will prompt PennDOT to periodically close the highway’s westbound left lane for an overnight period next week.
- Boyertown Wins $300,000 Renovation Grant
Building A Better Boyertown won a $300,000 state grant Wednesday to help refurbish a “vacant and blighted” South Reading Avenue building into space for a restaurant and five apartments.
- Income Tax Preparer Says Its Ready For New Year
H&R Block, the consumer tax preparation company with nine offices in western Montgomery County, has declared itself ready for another filing season.
- Chief Commends Four For Life-Saving Action
The quick thinking and fast action of three restaurant employees and a police officer, which helped save a man’s life in October, has been recognized by Lower Pottsgrove’s police chief.
- Pottsgrove Schedules Physicals, Dental Exams
Pottsgrove School District families can take advantage of student physicals and dental exams scheduled between January and April.
- New Supervisor, Collector, Auditor Take Oaths
With 3 photos. The meeting room in Limerick Township’s temporary municipal building was filled Tuesday night with smiles, as a new supervisor, tax collector, and auditor pledged their oaths of office.
- Spring-Ford Dedicates Bonetz TV Studio Jan. 10
The high school next week will name its television production studio in honor of the man who managed it for nearly 20 years.
- Township Board Reorganization Meeting Tonight
Lower Pottsgrove’s Board of Commissioners will again tonight undertake an annual ritual of oaths, appointments, and announcements that comprise its reorganization meeting. You’re invited.
- District Warning: ‘Bundle Up’ For High School
There may be temporary heating problems in some portions of Pottsgrove High School, students’ families learned during the New Year holiday weekend. They were urged to dress in heavier clothing.
- Not The Way A Driver Wanted To End The Year
Lower Pottsgrove police and Sanatoga firefighters responded Sunday to a traffic accident at East High Street.
- Scheduled This Week On The Post Calendar
These listed events are scheduled to occur this week (Tuesday through Sunday, Jan. 2-7, 2018), as provided to The Post calendar.
- Editor’s note: The Post did not publish on New Year’s Day (Jan. 1, 2018)
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.