- Rupert Bridge Tentative Construction Date Set
Lower Pottsgrove and Montgomery County officials have tentatively agreed the week of June 8 can mark that start of work to replace the failing Rupert Road bridge.
- Monday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
West Pottsgrove man learns fate in “straw purchase” trial; Fire hits former Boneyard Joe’s restaurant in Pottstown; Crash Saturday on Limerick’s Township Line Road; Royersford man charged in alleged road rage; Army pilot lands, visits family in Limerick.
- Scheduled This Week In Pottsgrove Sports
These Pottsgrove Falcons athletic events are scheduled for the coming week (Monday through Saturday, Jan. 15-20, 2018), according to the Pottsgrove School District athletics office.
- Scheduled This Week On The Post Calendar
These listed events are scheduled to occur this week (Monday through Sunday, Jan. 15-21, 2018), as provided to The Post calendar.
- The Post did not publish on Sunday (Jan. 14, 2018)
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Pottsgrove Performers Wow Coffee House Crowd
With four photos. Students and faculty members alike offered well-received performances Friday night at Pottsgrove High School, during its annual coffee house show to benefit a marine biology trip to Wallops Island VA.
- Girls Basketball: Methacton 46, Pottsgrove 40
With video. The Pottsgrove Falcons girls’ basketball team lost Friday night to visiting Methacton, 46-40.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Pottsgrove Changes Board Committee Seating
There are new leader- and membership faces among committees of the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors. Their rosters had remained unchanged during the past two years.
- Theft Trio Allegedly Targeted Kohl’s Stores
North Coventry police have brought charges against a woman and two male juveniles who allegedly targeted Kohl’s stores by using fraudulent credit cards.
- Law, Finance Firms Offer Special Needs Advice
A special needs financial workshop, sponsored by OWM Law and Kalejta Financial Management, is scheduled for Jan. 17 in Royersford.
- Want Words With The Mayor? See Her Schedule
Royersford Mayor Jenna Antoniewicz is now posting a schedule of her availability with office hours at borough hall.
- Kimberton Whole Foods Hiring For Collegeville
The independent, natural grocer expects to open its biggest store in the Collegeville Shopping Center during March. It’s scheduled a “culinary jobs fair” for Jan. 18.
- Lane Closures On 422: Four Days Over Two Weeks
Portions of the eastbound right lane on U.S. Route 422 in Lower Pottsgrove and Pottstown will be closed for four days during a two-week period beginning Jan. 17, according to the state.
- Girls Basketball: Pottsgrove 46, Bensalem 23
With five photos. The Pottsgrove Falcons girls’ basketball team (6-4) won a non-league contest at home Wednesday over Bensalem, 46-23.
- Spring-Ford Dedicates Studio For Steve Bonetz
With six photos. Love and affection could be heard in the variety of voices that spoke Wednesday night, as the Spring-Ford Senior High School television studio was dedicated in the name of its organizer and long-time director, Steve Bonetz.
- West 2nd Graders Teach School Board To ‘Fail Up’
Pottsgrove school board members leaned from second-graders Tuesday how to “Fail Up!,” to accept failure and power past it as an obstacle to personal and, in the future, professional success.
- Coventry Mall Was Fun Mess Tuesday, On Purpose
With six photos. Visitors to Pottstown’s Coventry Mall on Tuesday night had the chance to create their own slime to take home. Parents not only agreed … some even helped concoct the stuff.
- SCORE Reschedules Local Hiring Law Seminar
The Tri-County SCORE program on hiring and labor laws, originally scheduled for Wednesday (Jan. 10) has been postponed until next Tuesday (Jan. 16).
- Spring-Ford Named Again To AP Honor Roll
The school district increased its high school students’ access to advanced placement courses, and more students earned high scores on course exams.
- Post Publications Add Two New Facebook Pages
In response to reader requests, The Posts have expanded on Facebook with two new pages: one each for The Pottstown Post and The Limerick Post. They join Facebook pages earlier established for The Post Publications, The Schwenksville Post, and The Gilbertsville Post.
- Pottsgrove Considers Extending SRO Contracts
School resource officers from the Upper and Lower Pottsgrove townships’ police departments provide security and other services to the Pottsgrove School District. Those agreements are likely to continue.
- CPA With Pottsgrove Ties Grows Near Philly
Herbein + Company, the auditor for the Pottsgrove School District and which maintains offices in Upper Pottsgrove, has acquired an eighth company to help it better compete for Philadelphia clients.
- Tuesday ‘News Feed’ From The Post Publications
Imprisoned after West Pottsgrove heroin delivery; Borough council looks to “outside” budget help; Sober group home hearing re-scheduled; Motorcycle parts firm moves to Pottstown; Boyertown schools delayed.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.