Pottstown SCORE Programs Travel To East Greenville
EAST GREENVILLE PA – A second, and new, venue for the series of business start-up workshops presented by the Pottstown chapter of the Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) will open in East Greenville during February (2011) under the sponsorship of the Upper Perkiomen Chamber of Commerce, chapter media relations spokeswoman Sylvia Landis said Friday (Jan. 14, 2011).
SCORE’s first set of seminars there will be held Feb. 21-24 (2011; Monday through Thursday) from 7-9:30 p.m. in the chamber office, 300 Main St. Registration begins at 6:45 p.m. Sessions in the series will cover:
- Tax and Legal Implications of Different Legal Structures, Feb. 21;
- The Business Plan and Business Loan, Feb. 22;
- Marketing, Feb. 23; and
- It’s All About Profit – Feb. 24.
This workshop series is intended for individuals who are considering starting a business, as well as those who currently operate a small business. All courses are taught by experienced members of SCORE and outside practitioners recognized as experts in their specific fields.
Instructors scheduled for East Greenville are Hanna Hartman, vice president and branch manager at National Penn Bank; Don Havas, president of Applied Technology and Sciences Inc.; Jeff Kofsky, president of Higher Vision Coaching and Counseling; Mike Mayor, president of Systems Science LLC and retired vice president of ITT Corp. Defense Electronics and Services; attorney David Megay of O’Donnell Weiss & Mattei PC; Scott Rakowski, CPA for Rakowski and Company; and Carolyn Wiker, Head of Adult Services at the Pottstown Public Library.
Each session costs $25. A manual on preparing a business plan will be available for $20. A special price of $100 is offered for the four courses as a package, and includes the manual. A 50-percent discount on workshop fees is offered to additional persons attending from the same business.
For more information or to register, call the Pottstown SCORE office at 610-327-2673.
- Practice Makes Perfect In Finding Freelance Work
- Businesses Need More Than A Website, SCORE Says
- Pottstown Blogger Offers Entrepreneurial Scholarships
- SCORE Announces Classes On Business Start-Ups
- SCORE Expert Discusses Web Marketing
- SCORE Ends Workshop Series
- Entrepreneurs, You’re Not Alone
- Get Help In Starting A Business