Pottstown Forum Seeks Suggestions To Help Homeless
POTTSTOWN PA – The federal HEARTH Act, which provides more flexibility in creating local strategies to serve to homeless families and individuals, will be the topic of a community forum on affordable housing and homelessness in Montgomery County, scheduled to be held March 8 (2012; Thursday) from 9-11 a.m. at the Salvation Army of Pottstown, 137 King St., Pottstown PA.
- This event has been added to The Post calendar.
The event is co-sponsored by the Office of Housing and Community Development and the Montgomery County Collaborative to gather community ideas and suggestions to end homelessness and improve housing stability for all families and individuals. It is being hosted in Pottstown by the Homeless Services Committee of the TriCounty Community Network.
The forum hopes to:
- Set priorities for addressing different homeless sub-populations;
- Gauge the performance of current local homeless programs;
- Address gaps and unmet needs in homeless housing and services;
- Suggest program improvements; and
- Set future strategies, including allocation/reallocation of resources.
Advance reservations are appreciated. For more information or to reserve a seat, call Natina Parker at 610-705-3301 Ext. 2 or e-mail her, here.
The HEARTH Act of 2009 is the first federal legislation governing homeless programs since 1987.
Photo from Google Images