Area Farmer, Mowing Field, Discovers Woman’s Body
NEW HANOVER PA – Montgomery County PA detectives and the New Hanover Police Department are conducting a joint investigation into the death of an unidentified woman whose body was found Wednesday (Aug. 27, 2012) in a field on Little Road, The Limerick Patch online news service reported.
Police responded to a local farmer’s discovery after 10 a.m. of the body of a white female at 2461 Little Rd., near the intersection of Renninger Road. A press release from the district attorney’s office describes the location as “a remote section of hedgerow adjacent to a cornfield.” The woman was believed to be in her late teens or early 20s, but the body is not that of Kortne Stouffer, a 21-year-old Lebanon County woman missing since July 29, the DA added.
An autopsy of the victim was to have been scheduled for Wednesday night.
- Read a story by reporter Brittany Tressler, titled “Dead Body Found in New Hanover Field,” and published Wednesday by The Patch, here.
- Female body found in Montgomery Co. field (6ABC News)
- Woman’s Body Found In Montgomery County Cornfield (CBS3 News)
- Unidentified woman found dead in New Hanover field, autopsy Wed. night (The Mercury)
- Woman’s body found in Montgomery County field (WFMZ-TV)
Photo captured from WFMZ-TV video