Colleges, Universities Praise Student Achievement
POTTSTOWN PA – Seven greater Pottstown area residents who attend three different colleges and universities have been noted for their education-related accomplishments and activities, the institutions reported Tuesday (Dec. 23, 2014).
Sydni Gajewski of Pottstown, a health care science major at Alvernia University in Reading PA, recently was awarded second place for her honors freshmen research paper titled “Nuns Shape Communities Across America” and third place for her honors freshman research symposium poster, “Nuns Shape Communities.” Freshman honors students like Gajewski, enrolled in Alvernia’s Philosophy 105 and Communication 101 classes, displayed results of their original research papers at its annual research symposium during Fall 2014.
Gwendolynne Davis of Pottstown, a junior psychology major at Widener University in Chester PA, recently returned from a study-abroad experience in South Africa. Davis spent the fall semester taking courses in South Africa and becoming immersed in its culture.
Five area residents were among 699 students at Lebanon Valley College in Annville PA who have been named to its dean’s list for high academic marks during the Fall 2014 semester. They are:
- Matthew Czuj of Pottstown, a graduate of Owen J. Roberts High School, pursuing a bachelor of arts in economics;
- Kristen Kornsey of Pottstown, a graduate of Pottsgrove High School, pursuing a bachelor of science in biology;
- Robert Burkhart of Pottstown, a graduate of Germantown Academy, pursuing a bachelor of science in early childhood education and special education;
- Zachary Koss of Pottstown, a graduate of Pottsgrove High School, pursuing a bachelor of arts in music; and
- Cara Dowzicky of Royersford, a graduate of Spring-Ford Senior High School, pursuing a bachelor of science in early childhood education and special education.