Pottstown Police Win Bullet-Proof Vest Grant
POTTSTOWN PA – A $5,810 grant awarded during September (2015) by the federal Office of Justice Programs’ Bullet-proof Vest Partnership will help the borough of Pottstown cover up to half the cost of vests needed as new or replacement gear for 14 of its police department officers.
Vests are reportedly priced at between $900 and $1,000 each. Since 1999, according to the Justice Department, the program has presented more than 13,000 jurisdictions with a total of $393 million in federal funds for the purchase of more one million vests.
Other local municipal law enforcement agencies receiving grants this year, the department noted, are:
- Amity Township, $1,059, 2 vests;
- East Vincent, $1,363, 2 vests;
- Limerick, $5,555, 14 vests;
- Lower Pottsgrove, $1,848, 4 vests;
- Phoenixville, $5,202, 12 vests;
- Royersford, $1,890, 5 vests;
- Upper Perkiomen, $1,407, 4 vests; and
- West Vincent, $2,014, 3 vests.
Photo from Google Images