Lane Closures Ahead in Perkiomen, Skippack
PERKIOMEN TOWNSHIP PA – Day-time lane restrictions are scheduled by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation next Monday through Thursday (May 22-25, 2017) on Route 29 and Meyers Road in Perkiomen Township, and Route 73 in Skippack Township, for utility and construction activities.
Between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily, flaggers will control traffic on:
- Route 29, reduced to a single lane between Miller and Harrison roads in Perkiomen, for utility relocation;
- Meyers Road, reduced to a single lane between Seitz and Miller roads in Perkiomen, for excavation, grading and paving operations; and
- Route 73, restricted to a single lane between Squirrel Hill and Perkiomen Creek roads in Skippack, for traffic signal conduit installation.
Drivers are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the construction areas. Slowdowns will occur, the agency said.
It also reminded drivers of improvement-related long-term road closures put in place May 2 on Plank and Otts roads in Perkiomen and Skippack:
- Plank Road is closed and detoured between Route 29 and Route 73 until October (2017). Plank Road drivers instead are being detoured over Route 29, Haldeman Road, and Route 73; and
- Otts Road is closed and detoured between Miller Road and Route 29 through May 2019. Otts Road drivers are being detoured over Route 29, Bridge Street, and Wartman, Township Line, Seitz, and Meyers roads.
Photo from Google Images