Walk Friday Through Downtown Boyertown Art
BOYERTOWN PA – Historic Boyertown’s “Fourth Friday Art Walk,” scheduled for Friday (Aug. 25, 2017) has its downtown merchants offering visitors art, music, and food from 5-8 p.m. at 13 different venues, according to Deborah Bertolet of Building A Better Boyertown.
- This event has been added to The Post Publications calendar.
Participating businesses also will provide specials and refreshments throughout the evening. It’s an opportunity, she said, “to see the amazing and unique things that Boyertown’s small businesses and local artisans have to offer.”
This month Colebrookdale Railroad will feature musician Cliff Stakonis performing lyrical story-songs, in a country soulful-jazz style with blues sensibilities at the train station. Other participating artists and venues include:
- Artist Josh Nace at The Book Nook, along with 15-percent discounts on used book purchases;
- Family Night for all ages, and an open mic, at the Music Studio of Patricia Keith;
- The art of relaxation at Dancing Tree Creations Artisans’ Gallery and Studio, with massage therapists Anna Ellis and Beth Hess;
- Patsy’s Potpourri of Gifts will host electric guitarist Douglass Cartwright;
- Jay’s Barber Shop will feature artist Jean Esther;
- Studio B Fine Art Gallery will have its opening of an Asia Pacific exhibit;
- Simply Sherry’s Bakery will feature photographer Tammy Snyder, doing pet portraits in the grassy area behind the bakery;
- Deal Me In Games will again feature potter Anthony Romero and ceramic artist Eric Moore;
- Building a Better Boyertown will host jeweler Christine Wright, and also showcase the new Tutouria walking tour app;
- Watercolor artist Joe Hoover will be at The Peppermint Stick Candy Store, along with watercolor sundaes for sale;
- Spirit Holistic Center will have mixed media artist Cassie Eshelman; and
- Revive Consignment will host artist Marybeth Huber and her upcycled fairy gardens.
Walking maps will be available at the information kiosk in the train yard on Philadelphia Avenue, and also at each venue.
Photo from Google Images