Planting Planned In Schwensville, Harleysville
SCHWENKSVILLE PA – Locations in Harleysville and Schwenksville will benefit from the September-through-November plant-a-thon conducted by the Perkiomen Watershed Conservancy, its newsletter announced Monday (Aug. 6, 2018). The goal: to plant more than 10,000 native trees, shrubs and herbaceous plants across the watershed area.
Tree planting in Harleysville is scheduled for Oct. 5 at Camp Wawa Park, and Oct. 31 in Schwenksville during a holiday-themed event at the conservancy, 1 Skippack Pike. Volunteers will work with conservancy staff members to install riparian buffers and rain gardens along local waterways.
Other locations include:
- Sept. 22, tree planting at the Towamencin Township office;
- Oct. 13, tree planting at Pleasant Spring Creek, Perkasie;
- Oct. 26, rain garden planting at East Summit Avenue, Telford;
- Oct. 27, rain garden planting at East Summit Avenue, Telford; and
- Nov. 3, tree planting at Kriebel Road, Lansdale.
Photo from the Perkiomen Watershed Conservancy