ADA Curb Ramps Installed Next Week At 5 Sites
POTTSTOWN PA – Periodic lane closures can be anticipated next week (June 24-28, Monday through Friday) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at five different local intersections as contractors for the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation install curb ramps to comply with Americans With Disabilities Act regulations, the agency said.
The work locations include:
- Armand Hammer Boulevard at Medical Drive in Pottstown;
- Hanover Street at Queen Street, Pottstown;
- Hanover Street at College Drive, Pottstown;
- Hanover Street at River Road, North Coventry; and
- Route 724 at Laurelwood Road, North Coventry.
Drivers are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas. Slowdowns will occur, PennDOT said. The work schedule for Road-Con Inc. of West Chester, the general contractor, depends on the weather.
The $13.3 million project is intended to improve safety and traffic flow along key corridors in Pottstown, Lower Pottsgrove, and North Coventry Township.
Photo from Pixabay, used under a Creative Commons license