Orthodontics Practice To Occupy Former Bank
SANATOGA PA – ROG Orthodontics, a Berks County-based doctor-owned orthodontics practice currently with offices in Wyomissing, Douglassville, and Sanatoga, is transforming the 1830 E. High St. building last occupied by BB&T Bank into a patient office. A sign heralding the firm’s future arrival now covers the former bank sign. An opening date has not been announced.
Montgomery County property records show the building was purchased June 3 (2019) from its former owner, the National Bank of Boyertown, for a price of $730,000 by a limited liability corporation called 1204 W Ben Franklin Hwy LLC. ROG Orthodontics’ Douglassville office currently is located at 1204 W. Ben Franklin Hwy.
In Sanatoga, ROG now occupies offices in Suite 920 of the 900 Heritage Drive office complex, according to its website.
The 1.13-acre, two-story East High Street commercial property was built in 1970. The street-level floor was initially occupied by the National Bank of Boyertown, and then by its renamed National Penn Bank until the latter was acquired by BB&T in 2016. BB&T later closed the branch office.
Its lower floor, with an entrance facing South Sunnybrook Road, was occupied by Lower Pottsgrove Township as its administrative offices until the Buchert Road municipal building was finished in 1990. The lower floor also was later used by the YWCA Tri-County Area for its English as a second language and general education development programs.
ROG Orthodontics is a Pottsgrove School District corporate sponsor. It also operates a chapter of the Smile For A Lifetime Foundation, a national non-profit organization under which the firm donates free orthodontic work for financially eligible patients.
August 2018 photo from Google Images