PV To Welcome Newest Hall Of Fame Inductees
COLLEGEVILLE PA – Four new members will be inducted Oct. 18 (2019; Friday) into the Perkiomen Valley School District Hall of Fame, in both private and public ceremonies before and during the Perkiomen Valley High School homecoming football game against Spring-Ford High in Thomas J. Keenan Stadium, the district announced.
The 2019 Hall of Fame inductees represent a mix of alumni and former employees. They include:
- Lisa (Thompson) Angleson (above, top left), Class of 1983, a championship track and field athlete and West Point graduate;
- Dr. Joseph DeSimone (bottom left), Class of 1982, a scientist, and the co-founder and chief executive officer of Carbon. The 400-employee global company has enabled 3D printing at scale and is part of a digital revolution in manufacturing;
- The late Thomas J. Keenan (top right), beloved Perkiomen Valley High School social studies teacher for whom the football stadium is named; and
- Charlie Kramer (bottom right), the Perkiomen Valley High wrestling coach who led its team to several championships, and is known for his commitment to community service.
The group will be celebrated with a private reception and ceremony in the cafeteria lobby, beginning at 4:30 p.m. Inductees will be introduced one by one, with a brief bio that shares highlights of their accomplishments. Following their introductions, inductees and their families will be invited to observe the unveiling of their plaques at the Hall of Fame, located in the gym lobby of PV High, 509 Gravel Pike.
Inductees will then be escorted to the stadium, where they will be introduced to the crowd assembled for the game.
The Hall of Fame was established in 2018 in an effort to recognize distinguished alumni or others whose outstanding athletic, professional, or civic endeavors have brought honor to the district, and who serve to inspire future graduates to perform and serve in the same spirit.
The candidates were selected from a pool of nearly 30 nominations submitted earlier this year. A selection committee evaluated each nomination, and chose the four candidates based on stated criteria:
- “The nominee has displayed exemplary achievement in the areas of athletics, citizenship, community service, academic or professional achievements post-graduation.
- The nominee has earned recognition, honors, and awards post-graduation.
- Nominees do not have to be Perkiomen Valley High School graduates, but if they are, they must be out of high school for five years or more before consideration as a candidate for induction.”
Photos from the Perkiomen Valley School District