Tower Opens COVID-19 Testing in Gilbertsville
GILBERTSVILLE PA – Tower Health Urgent Care is conducting coronavirus testing and screening at its facility in the Gilbertsville Shopping Center, 1050 E. Philadelphia Ave., it said Tuesday (March 24) in a media release, as well as five others in Philadelphia, Malvern, Warminster, Plymouth Meeting, and Reading.
The sites give patients access to assessments, while also keeping those potentially ill “out of the hospitals and physicians offices,” Tower reasoned. All but the Reading location are open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., and focus exclusively on assessing patients with respiratory infection symptoms.
Patients are encouraged to be screened by their physician, and get a prescription for testing, before visiting one of the locations to determine if additional screening is recommended. They may also come to the Urgent Care sites without a prescription, but will be subject to required assessment by a staff member to determine if testing is appropriate.
Screenings are available only to those who have fever or symptoms of acute respiratory illness (like coughing or shortness of breath), in addition to at least one exposure risk factor. They include:
- Close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case;
- Any international travel within the last 14 days;
- Any domestic travel to highly affected areas, especially for persons who attended a mass gathering like a conference;
- Those at risk for severe disease, generally persons age 50 and older with chronic medical conditions;
- Those who live in a congregate setting, like a long-term care facility, shelter, or group home;
- Healthcare workers;
- Those who require hospitalization for symptoms; or
- Anyone presenting with progressive acute respiratory illness with no apparent cause.
When testing is completed, specimens will be sent to a laboratory. Patients will be notified of results by either their primary care provider or Tower Health Urgent Care.
Photo from Google Images