YWCA Tri-County Hosts June 15 Virtual Job Fair
POTTSTOWN PA – Job-seekers interested in serving as AmeriCorps or VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members are invited to a virtual job fair June 15 (2020; Monday) from 1-2 p.m., hosted by YWCA Tri-County Area. Those interested will have the opportunity to learn more about requirements and other details of the open positions, and how to apply.
Advance registration is required to receive a link to the virtual event. Registration is available online, here.
Available positions include:
- AmeriCorps Workforce Navigators. They provide direct service to participants in a workforce development program, Dignified Advancement Workforce Navigation. AmeriCorps members work one-on-one with participants to assist with finding, obtaining, and maintaining employment. AmeriCorps members are assigned in Pottstown and Norristown.
- VISTA Youth Program Researcher. They survey youth and youth-serving organizations in Pottstown to evaluate current youth services, access to services and barriers that prevent youth from participating, identify gaps or duplication in services, and make recommendations for improvements.
- VISTA Gender-Based Juvenile Researcher. They work with juvenile justice and court personnel, school officials, law enforcement, and others in looking at the issues surrounding school discipline among middle and high school girls in the Pottstown School District, with the goal of placing girls in restorative programming in place of court-ordered community service. The VISTA member’s research will help determine programming that will best encourage girls to stay in school, and to build skills in leadership, positive self-identity, sound decision making, and accountability.
- VISTA Family Research Coordinator. They survey parents and youth-serving organizations in Pottstown to determine how families access youth services, what barriers and gaps exist, and what wraparound services families need. The Family Research Coordinator will design a universal intake process that will assess a family’s needs and risks, and establish policies, procedures, and training that will help staff of youth organizations act as referral resources for area families.
- VISTA Volunteer Coordinator. They establish a volunteer program, developing processes and procedures for service to the community. The Volunteer Coordinator will create a system to identify volunteer opportunities, communicate opportunities to potential volunteers, recruit and train volunteers, maintain a volunteer database, and recognizes volunteers.
VISTA members serve through YWCA Pottstown office, in partnership with Green Allies and the TriCounty Community Network.
Graphic from AmeriCorps VISTA