YWCA TriCounty Holds Second Virtual Job Fair July 8
POTTSTOWN PA – Job-seekers who are interested in working in community service projects with the Pottstown-based YWCA Tri-County Area as AmeriCorps or VISTA members are encouraged to attend an online virtual job fair July 8 (2020; Wednesday) from 1-2 p.m. Links to the event are available by registering in advance, here.
Participants will learn more about requirements and responsibilities of available positions, ask questions about projects sponsored by AmeriCorps, VISTA and the YWCA, talk with program directors, and learn how to apply. All AmeriCorps and VISTA members receive living allowances, education credits, and ongoing training. Currently open are jobs for:
- AmeriCorps Workforce Navigators, who provide direct service to participants in a workforce development program. They work one-on-one with participants in Pottstown and Norristown to assist with finding, obtaining, and maintaining employment.
- VISTA Youth Program Researcher, who will survey youth and youth-serving organizations in Pottstown to evaluate current youth services, access to services and barriers that prevent youth from participating, identify gaps or duplication in services, and make recommendations for improvements.
- VISTA Gender-Based Juvenile Researcher, who will work with juvenile justice and court personnel, school officials, law enforcement, and others in looking at the issues surrounding school discipline among middle and high school girls in the Pottstown School District. The goal is to place girls in restorative programming in place of court-ordered community service.
- VISTA Family Research Coordinator, who will survey parents and youth-serving organizations in Pottstown to determine how families access youth services, what barriers and gaps exist, and what wraparound services families need.
- VISTA Volunteer Coordinator will establish a volunteer program, developing processes and procedures for service to the community. The Volunteer Coordinator will create a system to identify volunteer opportunities, communicate opportunities to potential volunteers, recruit and train volunteers, maintain a volunteer database, and recognizes volunteers.
VISTA members serve through YWCA’s Pottstown office, in partnership with Green Allies and the TriCounty Community Network.