NorCo Road Closures Due for Saturday Morning Race
NORTH COVENTRY PA – Several roads in North Coventry will be closed and detoured Saturday (Oct. 24, 2020) from 7:15 a.m. to shortly after 9 a.m. to conduct the third annual 5-K fund-raising run that benefits the Saving Lives Campaign, area firefighters, and the non-profit Evan’s Eleven Inc. organization, the township police department said.
The race, scheduled to occur between 7:30 and 9 a.m., starts and ends at the NorCo Fire Company property, 144 W. Schuylkill Rd. Expected to be closed for the duration, according to police, are the:
- Westbound lane of Route 724, from South Hanover Street to Laurelwood Road;
- Southbound ramp of Route 100 to westbound 724;
- Northbound ramp of 100 to 724, which will be available only to traffic headed east on 724;
- Southbound lane of Laurelwood, from River Road to 724; and
- Westbound lane of River Road, from Elm Street to Laurelwood.
Additionally, police indicated, all traffic heading into the Coventry Mall property will be directed to use the mall entrance near CVS Pharmacy.
The run itself is operating under coronavirus pandemic guidelines, and will involve runners and a support staff of no more than 225 people, the Evan’s Eleven website reported. Facial coverings are required at all times except when racing. Runners may be asked to have their temperatures taken. Hand sanitizer will be readily available.
Water available at runner aide stations will be pre-packaged and self-serve only. The race start line will adhere to social distancing, and be significantly wider than in the past. At the race’s end, only pre-packaged foods will be offered to finishers.