Eight Boyertown Organizations Win Foundation Grants
A grant from the Boyertown Area Charitable Program funded the new “Gear Up Gallery” (at top) in the General Carl Spaatz National USAAF Museum
BOYERTOWN PA – Eight Boyertown service and cultural organizations are due to receive a combined total of $79,600 in grants awarded Nov. 10 (2020; Tuesday) by the Boyertown Area Charitable Program of the Berks County Community Foundation.
The charitable program is funded by the Boyertown Area Community Fund, Boyer Foundation Fund, and the Boyertown Community Center Inc. Fund, all of which are administered by the community foundation. Members of the program advisory committee, all of whom are Boyertown area residents, selected the grant winners during its recently held annual meeting.
The recipients, award amounts, and proposed use of the funds, are:
- Building A Better Boyertown, $20,000, to create a gathering place around the Colebrookdale Railroad rail yard;
- General Carl Spaatz National USAAF Museum, $20,000, to support a fire suppression sprinkler system, to aid in recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, and to fund the “Gear Up Gallery” exhibit that includes flak jackets, Mae West life vests, and AN-6513 parachute harnesses;
- Salvation Army of Boyertown, $15,000, to purchase a storage shed;
- Studio B Fine Art Gallery, $7,800, for a fine art and book of poetry exhibit in summer 2021;
- Boyertown Lions Community Ambulance Service Inc., $6,000, to purchase sensory kits for patients with autism;
- Eastern Berks Regional Police Department, $5,000, to purchase four patrol bicycles;
- Gilbertsville Area Community Ambulance Service, $4,800, to purchase four ballistic vests and helmets; and
- The Foundation for the Reading Public Museum, $1,000, to support the “Feed Their Imagination” program for Boyertown school students.
The community foundation is a non-profit corporation that develops, manages, and distributes charitable funds aimed at improving the quality of life in Berks County.
Photo supplied by the Berks County Community Foundation