Union, Pottsgrove Custodians Agree on Labor Contract
LOWER POTTSGROVE PA – Custodial and maintenance employees of the Pottsgrove School District who are represented by Norristown-based Local 384 of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters have settled on a tentative two-year labor contract with the district. It includes 2.25-percent base compensation increases in each year, according to the Board of School Directors’ Tuesday (Feb. 23, 2021) meeting agenda.
Board members are scheduled to be asked to approve the tentative labor contract as submitted, dated from July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2023.
Their virtual meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. on the Zoom online conferencing platform. The meeting is open to the public and free to attend. Register in advance with the district to attend, here. Copies of the board agenda are available now for download from the district website, here. If you miss the meeting but want to view it later as recorded, it should be available on a district YouTube channel, here.
Also Tuesday, the board is scheduled to:
- Hold a 7:10 p.m. executive session ahead of the regular meeting to discuss security and personnel matters;
- Hear a update from Superintendent Dr. William Shirk on the coronavirus pandemic and its most recent effects on school operations;
- Approve district policies regarding extracurricular athletics, intrascholastic athletics, home education student participation in extracurricular activities, and extracurricular participation by students attending cyber or cyber charter schools;
- Hear about activities involving three board committees;
- Consider authorizing a confidential settlement between the district and one of its students; and
- Deal with 15 different personnel matters, and a conference request.
The board meeting will be preceded, also on Zoom, by a 6 p.m. meeting of its Policy Committee. It, too, is open to the public. Find its advance registration link, here.
Photo by The Post