YWCA Tri-County Area Now Enrolling Early Education
POTTSTOWN PA – Enrollment has opened for children ages 6 months to 6th grade in the YWCA Tri-County Area pre-kindergarten and school age programs at its Early Education Center, 315 King St., the agency announced Thursday (April 15, 2021).
Classes are currently open for:
- Pre-K Counts, a full-day, state-funded, pre-kindergarten program for children whose family incomes are 300% or less of the federal poverty level;
- Preschool, which prepares children ages 3-5 for kindergarten;
- Early Head Start, with free educational classrooms for children ages 1-3;
- Infant and toddler classes for children 6 months through 3 years; and
- Before- and after-school care for children K-6.
Its early childhood education staff provides age-appropriate academic instruction, social and emotional enhancement, nutrition and fitness education, music education, and developmental assessment. Children receive a nutritious breakfast and lunch, plus a snack, as well as annual vision, hearing, and dental screenings. Its operating hours are from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Early Education Center is Keystone STARS 4-recognized, and licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. The YWCA accepts state Early Learning Resource Center tuition subsidies for qualified families.
For more information, contact Kathleen Seeley, senior director of early education, at 610-323-1888 ext. 209, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Photo supplied to The Post by YWCA Tri-County Area