Seven of 38 Changes to County Polls Affect Local Voters
NORRISTOWN PA – The last in a lengthy list of changes to Montgomery County polling place locations for 2021 were approved Wednesday (April 28, 2021) during a virtual meeting of the county Board of Elections. The finalized list includes a total of seven new poll sites in Lower Salford and New Hanover townships, and the borough of Collegeville.
The polling place shuffle was completed only 19 days before the primary election, scheduled for May 18 (Tuesday).
Overall the board has approved, during three separate meetings, moves for 38 sites within 14 different municipalities where voters could attend to cast in-person ballots . For a variety of reasons, owners of formerly relied upon locations notified the county they would no longer be available.
The first set of changes, approved April 1, relocated 15 polling sites including three in Lower Salford:
- Lower Salford Precinct 1 was moved to the township municipal building, 379 Main St., Harleysville, from its former location at Indian Valley Middle School;
- Lower Salford Precinct 2 also was moved to the municipal building; it, too, previously was at the middle school; and
- Lower Salford Precinct 4 was moved to the Encore Experiences Senior Center, 312 Alumni Ave., Harleysville, from its former location at Oak Ridge Elementary School. That change returns voters to their original polling site, the board noted.
A second set of 12 changes, approved April 19, affected Lower Salford again, as well as New Hanover:
- Lower Salford Precinct 5 was moved to Advent Lutheran Church, 470 Landis Rd., Harleysville, from Oak Ridge Elementary School, 465 Moyer Rd., Harleysville;
- Lower Salford Precinct 6 relocated to the Harleysville Fire Co., 274 Kulp Rd., Harleysville, also from Oak Ridge Elementary School; and
- New Hanover Precinct 1 was moved to Hope Community Church, 2732 N. Charlotte St., Gilbertsville, from St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 1809 Hoffmansville Rd., Sassamansville.
Finally, among Wednesday’s 11 remaining approvals, board members agreed to re-locate:
- Collegeville Precinct 2, to Schellhase Commons, 601 E. Main St., on the Ursinus College campus in Collegeville, from the Key Bank Building, 364 E. Main St., Collegeville.
The Post published a story April 7 that listed only the initial changes in Lower Salford.