Spring-Ford Tops Local High Schools’ Rankings
ROYERSFORD PA – Spring-Ford Senior High School earned Pennsylvania’s highest ranking, among public high schools that serve students in The Posts’ coverage areas, as part of the 2021 U.S. News and World Report review of nearly every high school in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. The media outlet released its “2021 Best High Schools rankings” Thursday (April 27, 2021).
Positioned in the rankings of 17,860 public high schools nationwide (click any linked name for more information) were:
- Spring-Ford Senior High School, PA Ranking No. 31, US Ranking No. 990;
- Phoenixville Area High School, PA 43, US 1,239;
- Perkiomen Valley High School, PA 47, US 1,300;
- Boyertown Area Senior High School, PA 94, US 2,383;
- Owen J Roberts High School, PA 104, US 2,524;
- Pottsgrove Senior High School, PA 321, US 8,051; and
- Pottstown Senior High School, PA 376, US 9,406;
Its ranking methodology used state education data from the 2018-2019 school year. Additional data was provided by the College Board and International Baccalaureate on their respective college-prep and other programs.
U.S. News said it relied on “six indicators of school quality” to calculate the rankings. They are college readiness, college curriculum breadth, math and reading proficiency, math and reading performance, under-served student performance, and graduation rate.
Photo from Flickr, used under license