Virtual Seminar Introduces ‘Pennie’ Health Insurance
POTTSTOWN PA – Health insurance experts from Pennsylvania’s Health Insurance Exchange Authority, better known as Pennie, and its Insurance Department are featured speakers May 19 (2021; Wednesday) during an hour-long virtual information session on “affordable and accessible health insurance” sponsored by the Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation and its Tri-County Health Council.
One of the two featured speakers is Scott Yeager, outreach manager for Pennie, who helps Pennsylvanians learn about the state’s new insurance exchange, financial assistance available to those seeking quality and affordable insurance, and health insurance alternatives for workers and small business owners. The second is David Buono, Insurance Department consumer liaison, who provides assistance to those navigating what can be a complex insurance structure.
During the session, participants will hear about:
- Pennie, Pennsylvania’s new replacement for the Healthcare.gov insurance marketplace;
- Pennie’s mission, who it serves, and how it helps to connect and protect the uninsured;
- Why Pennie is the only source for financial assistance in Pennsylvania’s individual health and dental insurance market;
- Various tiers of customer service available free of charge through Pennie;
- Its ‘No Wrong Door’ policy, and how it seeks to help those in transition;
- Providing Pennsylvanians with choices if they lose employer-sponsored coverage;
- Pennie’s COVID-19 enrollment period; and
- Enhanced financial assistance available through the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
For more information, call the foundation at 610-323-2006.
This event has been added to The Post calendar.
Photo supplied by the federal Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, used with permission