Township Police Arrest Pair on Drug Charges, Warrants

LOWER POTTSGROVE PA – LOWER POTTSGROVE PA – Two individuals – a 40-year-old New Providence (Lancaster County) man, and a 33-year-old Coatesville (Chester County) woman – were arrested Tuesday (Aug. 3, 2021) by Lower Pottsgrove Police Department officers on drug-related charges, as well as on outstanding warrants obtained by law enforcement in other municipalities, according to the department’s CrimeWatch website.

The arrests occurred during early morning hours at the Best Western hotel, 1600 Industrial Hwy., after police responded to a call regarding “suspicious persons.” Details about the incident, including how or why they the pair was deemed suspicious, and what led to their arrests, were not immediately available. The report also did not list the agencies seeking their arrest under warrants.

As officers encountered Keesey and Wilgis at the hotel, their report stated, “Keesey provided false identification information, and was in possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia.” It added that “Wilgis was also in possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia,” and “both subjects had outstanding arrest warrants from other jurisdictions.”

Both are scheduled for preliminary hearings Aug. 11 in the Pottstown courtroom of Magisterial District Justice Edward C. Kropp Sr., court records show; Keesey at 9:30 a.m., and Wilgis at 9:45 a.m. Both had been scheduled for preliminary arraignments Aug. 3 in front of Justice Patricia A. Zaffarano, records also show.

Keesey was unable to post a cash bail of $5,077 set by Zaffarano, and at the time was confined to the Montgomery County Jail in Eagleville PA. Wilgis also was unable to post a $2,500 cash bail set by Zaffarano, and was also confined in Eagleville, records state.

Last week the department also was summoned to the Best Western for an investigation. Acting Police Chief Lt. William James, in his latest monthly report to the township Board of Commissioners, advised it that his officers responded there to a call regarding what was later determined to be a “suspicious death.”

Photo by The Post