Community Health and Dental Observes Special Week
POTTSTOWN PA – National Health Center Week, which started Monday (Aug. 8, 2021) and runs through Saturday (Aug. 14) is being observed daily by Pottstown-based Community Health & Dental Care Inc. with a series of events intended to raise awareness about the mission and accomplishments of the nation’s health centers during the past 50 years.
The theme for this year’s observance is “The Chemistry for Strong Communities,” and each day is dedicated to a specific facet of care. Community Health said it will use the days to “showcase how it provides high-quality health care, improves health outcomes, and narrows health disparities” in Montgomery, Chester, and Berks counties.
These events are scheduled:
- Public Health in Housing Day, Monday, all days and all locations. Social Determinants of Health Screening educational materials will be distributed to staff and patients.
- Agricultural Worker Health Day, Tuesday from 2:30-4:30 at the Coventry Mall office. Stop by the Fresh2You Mobile Market in the office parking lot Community Health will have a table set up with information. Get some fresh produce, and a CHDC tote bag too.
- Healthcare for the Homeless, Tuesday from 2:30-4:30 at the Coventry Mall office. As the agency concludes its “Street Medicine Donation Drive,” all donated items will be collected and given to its Street Medicine Team to distribute to local unhoused individuals.
- Patient Appreciation Day, Wednesday from 1-4 p.m. at the Coventry Mall office. In need of a fun afternoon activity? Stop by Community Health at the Coventry Mall and participate in a free scavenger hunt in the mall! Complete the hunt and win a prize.
- Stakeholder Appreciation Day, Thursday during office hours. Local legislators and first responders are invited to visit Community Health and participate in a tour. Those interested should contact Jenn O’Donnell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff Appreciation Day, Friday, all days and all locations. “Healthcare Heroes” coloring graphics will be available all week at all offices for children to decorate and display at our mall location. Stop by and color to show your appreciation for local health care heroes!
- Children’s Health Day, Saturday, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Coventry Mall office. Get free kids’ toothbrushes, kid-friendly snacks, and free raffle tickets.
Photo by The Post; graphic supplied by Community Health and Dental Inc.