Commission Plans Fall Trout Stocking Across Area
HARRISBURG PA – Pennsylvania’s extended season for trout fishing opened Sept. 7 (2021; Tuesday), and those with fishing licenses are encouraged to try their luck in year-round waters that are expected to be re-stocked this fall in Montgomery, Berks, and Chester counties, the state Fish and Board Commission reported. The regulated extended season runs through Dec. 31.
To ensure anglers have more to fish for, the dated re-stocking schedule includes:
- Oct. 13 at Tulpehocken Creek in Berks County, and East Branch Brandywine Creek in Chester County;
- Oct. 18 at Scotts Run Lake in Berks County;
- Oct. 20 at Pennypack Creek in Montgomery and Philadelphia counties;
- Nov. 4 at Antietam Reservoir in Berks County, and Deep Creek Dam in Montgomery County; and
- Dec. 14 at Kaercher Creek Dam in Berks County.
The commission reminds fishers that the minimum size during the extended season in stocked trout waters and all waters downstream is 7 inches, and limited to a catch of 3 per day of any combined species.