ChesCo Holds Household Hazardous Disposal Saturday
WSET CHESTER PA – Chester County’s last household hazardous waste disposal event for this year, which by agreement also is open to Montgomery County residents, is scheduled to be held Saturday (Oct. 9, 2021) from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the county Government Services Center, 601 Westtown Rd.
Advance registration is required of anyone who plans to attend the event. Register online at EventBrite, here.
The last event scheduled in Montgomery County is planned for Oct. 24 (Sunday) at the Lower Merion Transfer Station, 1300 N. Woodbine Avenue, Penn Valley. Appointments for that event are registered separately but also online; find that form here.
Preparing to dispose of your waste
Drop-off participants are asked to heed the following guidelines:
- You may arrive any time within your registered appointment window;
- Please print out your appointment ticket if possible (or write your name and appointment time on a piece of paper) and place it on your dashboard;
- You must stay in your car and wear a mask while in the event site;
- Materials must be in the trunk of the car or bed of the truck or SUV;
- If you need a gas can or container returned, please tape a note to it stating that you want to keep it;
- Be aware that events may be canceled based on the status of the pandemic, per state requirements. If you made an appointment but later cannot attend the event, you’re asked to cancel the appointment through Eventbrite or by contacting Montco Recycling at 610-278-3618. The reason: other residents may be waiting for an opening.
A list of items not accepted at the drop-off sites includes explosives and ammunition, electronics and televisions, asbestos, appliances or “white goods,”, infectious or medical waste, prescription drugs, grill-sized propane tanks, radioactive waste, freon or other refrigerants, tires, helium tanks, unidentified waste, 25- or 50-gallon drums, latex paint, gas cylinders, alkaline batteries, and inoperable smoke detectors.
Photo by Anton Matyukha via Deposit Photos, used under license