Saturday Marks an East Coventry Birthday … Sort Of

Saturday Marks an East Coventry Birthday … Sort Of
The bridge over Pigeon Creek, as seen through the fall leaves from the Schuylkill River Trail in Parkerford

AGE 217, AND COUNTING – Saturday (Oct. 30, 2021) marks a milestone in East Coventry and Chester County transportation history. It’s the 217th birthday of the county’s oldest existing bridge: the stone span on Old Schuylkill Road that crosses Pigeon Creek. Officially known as county Bridge No. 207, it was built in 1804. It’s seen plenty of daily use since then, from pedestrians, animals, carts and wagons, and motorized vehicles of all sorts, and also is an architectural fixture admired by users of the Parkerford Trailhead of the Schuylkill River Trail at the corner of Route 724 and Linfield Road. The county observed the bridge’s bicentennial anniversary (below) on Oct. 30, 2004.

Saturday Marks an East Coventry Birthday … Sort Of

Photos by The Post