Responders Assist in Home Carbon Monoxide Incident

LOWER POTTSGROVE PA – An alarm that detected a carbon monoxide build-up Thursday (Dec. 23, 2021) at 10:37 a.m. inside a home on the 2400 block of Donna Lane brought first responders from the Sanatoga and Ringing Hill fire companies, their fire police units, Lower Pottsgrove police, and Goodwill Ambulance emergency medical technicians to the scene, Montgomery County emergency dispatchers said.

Firefighters helped bring a female occupant of the home outside to sit on adjacent steps and breathe in fresh air. Others searched the house for the source of the odorless, colorless gas that usually is produced when fuel burns. Carbon monoxide poisoning can lead to impairment and death. There was no report immediately available on what, if anything, they discovered.

After ensuring the woman’s safety responders did not remain long at the property, as they were summoned by dispatchers to respond to a two-vehicle accident elsewhere in the township.

Photo by The Posts