YWCA Tri-County Hosts King Day Service Activities
POTTSTOWN PA – The YWCA Tri-County Area will commemorate the 2022 Martin Luther King Day of Service with volunteer opportunities and community outreach activities scheduled for Monday (Jan. 17, 2022) from 1-5 p.m. at its office building, 300 King St.
Mindful of the ongoing pandemic and latest CDC guidelines for indoor activities, the organization is inviting volunteers to help YWCA staff members with a paint-and-refresh facelift (at top) of work spaces in its King Street offices.
Outside and in front of 300 King St., the YWCA also will distribute hand sanitizer, blankets, coats, non-perishable foods, and warm refreshments to community members. Volunteer time slots are open to help with distribution.
Those who wish to volunteer in person are asked to register in advance by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Donations for educational supplies also are being sought by the YWCA to enhance learning and enrichment for children and youth. It offers early childhood education for children through age 6, and Youth Empowerment Programs for youths in kindergarten through 12th grade. Needed are:
- Books for children ages 12 and under;
- Non-toxic paints, paint brushes, markers, colored pencils, stamp pads;
- Wood puzzles with and without knobs;
- Child-sized scissors, construction paper, lined paper, graph paper, notebooks;
- Blocks, cars, Legos, Duplo blocks, plastic animals; and
- Board games, balls, hoops, and ride-on toys.
Photo by Alla Serebrina via Deposit Photos, used under license