Local Sites to Accept Hazardous Household Waste
NORRISTOWN PA – Advance registration is now available for area residents interested in planning ahead for free disposal of household hazardous wastes at any of seven different events scheduled between April and October by Montgomery County’s recycling program. Of the events, three are being held locally: in Gilbertsville, Harleysville, and Royersford.
Because there is no dedicated drop off facility in Montgomery County that accepts household hazardous waste, collection events are held at outdoor locations on specified days, usually between 8:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. The first is scheduled for April 30, the last on Oct. 23. Advance appointments are required for those who want to take advantage of the disposal effort.
On the collection calendar are:
- April 30 (Saturday), at Boyertown Middle School East, 2020 Big Road, Gilbertsville;
- May 7 (Saturday), Indian Valley Middle School, 130 Maple Avenue, Harleysville;
- May 21 (Saturday), Temple University–Ambler Campus, Enter at 1431 E. Butler Pike, Ambler;
- June 18 (Saturday), Norristown Area High School, 1900 Eagle Drive, Norristown;
- June 25 (Saturday), Abington Junior High School, Enter at 2056 Susquehanna Road, Abington;
- Sept. 24 (Saturday), Spring-Ford 9th Grade Center, 400 South Lewis Road, Royersford; and
- Oct. 23 (Sunday), Lower Merion Transfer Station, 1300 N. Woodbine Avenue, Penn Valley.
No televisions, electronics, and latex paint is accepted at household hazardous waste events. Also, events are for residential disposal only; businesses and contractors will be turned away, the county said.